Torrents redownloading after client restart

Windows specific questions, problems.
Sakonosolo

Torrents redownloading after client restart

Post by Sakonosolo »

I haven't been able to find many references to this issue I've been having with some Google searching but I might just not be searching for it right.

Anyway, the issue I'm having is that when I download something and the torrent starts to seed, I'll generally close the client after I'm happy with whatever number it gets to. As far as I can tell, the problem happens when files are changed, such as file name or music tags or something like that. If I open the client back up later after changing these files in some way, instead of further seeding the torrent it will check the files and changed files are counted as files that were not downloaded and so the download will continue from there to redownload the files that it thinks I'm missing.

I can understand the logic in this but I didn't have an issue like this with utorrent for instance so I'm wonder what could be causing it. I'm using version 3.1.1.1
ciaobaby

Re: Torrents redownloading after client restart

Post by ciaobaby »

Simple, ... The payload data has changed so no longer matches the metadata signatures.
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Torrents redownloading after client restart

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

What ciaobaby said plus:

[quote="Sakonosolo"]
I can understand the logic in this but I didn't have an issue like this with utorrent for instance so I'm wonder what could be causing it. I'm using version 3.1.1.1
[/quote]

I am pretty sure that if you do a force recheck on utorrent for those changed torrents it will display them as not downloaded. Maybe utorrent is a little "stupid", because when torrents are marked as finished it never checks again if the hashes are correct after restart. This will result in you sending bad data(as seen by the other peers) and being autobanned by them. libtorrent on the other hand, has some mechanisms that autocheck if the torrent is correct while seeding.

And why the hell are you on 3.1.1.1? Latest is 3.1.9!