An I/O error explanation?

Windows specific questions, problems.
Hatsuyuki

An I/O error explanation?

Post by Hatsuyuki »

28/03/2011 08:06:45 - Fast resume data was rejected for torrent [AHQ] Ancient Books Of Ys I & II, checking again...
28/03/2011 08:06:45 - Reason: [AHQ] Ancient Books Of Ys I & II fast resume rejected: missing or invalid 'file sizes' entry

A recheck ends like this:
28/03/2011 08:09:37 - An I/O error occured, '[AHQ] Ancient Books Of Ys I & II' paused.
28/03/2011 08:09:37 - Reason: [AHQ] Ancient Books Of Ys I & II file (D:/Torrents/[AHQ] Ancient Books Of Ys I & II/[AHQ] Ancient Books of Ys - 01 - Prologue.mkv.!qB) error: The parameter is incorrect

Could someone explain what may cause such an error? Is there a remedy besides redownloading all the torrent data?
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Re: An I/O error explanation?

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

Maybe the disk is full?
Hatsuyuki

Post by Hatsuyuki »

No, it isn't.

I've checked the file sizes and compared them with those on AniDB. The file mentioned in the log does have the wrong size (I've turned on "Pre-allocate all files" option).

264,241,152 vs 266.163.674 bytes

It isn't a problem for me to redownload this torrent, but it would be a disaster if it were a 60 GB torrent on a private tracker :o
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

Only 60 GB? That's nothing. I had I/O errors when reinstalled my OS and then added the torrents from the previous installation :roll:
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

Just a friendly advise: If you think this is a bug please post to the bug tracker. The author rarely visits the forum, especially the 'windows' section.

Link to the bug tracker: https://bugs.launchpad.net/qbittorrent/
Hatsuyuki

Post by Hatsuyuki »

OK :)

Deleting "D:/Torrents/[AHQ] Ancient Books Of Ys I & II/[AHQ] Ancient Books of Ys - 01 - Prologue.mkv.!qB" seemed to help.

I haven't run into the error again.
s4nder

Post by s4nder »

I've been getting an I/O error since updating to 2.8.1.1. I've had to delete two torrent folders already as they are unable to seed due to the error. I don't even know the nature of the problem because the error popup doesn't contain a full description, it's cut short just after "Error:". Is it possible to log errors somehow so I can report it?
Tomaso

Post by Tomaso »

I reported this bug three days ago:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/qbittorrent/+bug/794685
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

[quote=""s4nder""]I've been getting an I/O error since updating to 2.8.1.1. I've had to delete two torrent folders already as they are unable to seed due to the error. I don't even know the nature of the problem because the error popup doesn't contain a full description, it's cut short just after "Error:". Is it possible to log errors somehow so I can report it?[/quote]
Same here :roll:
Tomaso

Post by Tomaso »

Dumez says he'll have this fixed for v2.8.2.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Nice, hope it gets all fixed soon. I was also getting the i/o error so couldn't download anything or crashes just before starting.
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

[quote=""Tomaso""]Dumez says he'll have this fixed for v2.8.2.[/quote]
I hope that to be soon. Another one torrent is gone... I/O error :roll:
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

iron version v2.7.3 still works like a charm ;) im using it till the new version gets released.
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

[quote=""NeMo_0""]iron version v2.7.3 still works like a charm ;) im using it till the new version gets released.[/quote]
Yes, i know. I updated from 2.7.3 to 2.8.1 - and almost 1/2 if my torents had I/O errors + program craches. I returned to 2.7.3, then updated to 2.8.1.1, and now i'm pissed off of installing and reinstalling :lol:
shank

Post by shank »

I upgraded from 2.7.3 to 2.8.1.1 and am receiving this error on a torrent that started with the previous version and tried to finish with the new version. I uninstalled 2.8.1.1 and installed 2.7.3 again hoping to finish the download, but I still receive the error. Is this new version actually corrupting the downloaded data? Seems so if the only work around is to delete the download and start over.