Forums: SMF 2.1 incoming

For the generic offtopic chit-chat
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Forums: SMF 2.1 incoming

Post by Peter »

- Will upgrade forums after final 2.1 comes out.
- We will change our theme to the new Curve2 (fluid, dynamic, modern) - our qBittorrent looks added that we have now.
- Beta 1 changelog can be read here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community ... c=530233.0

(I am glad that the SMF folks keep working hard on the software. It is truly a great piece of software.)
ciaobaby

Re: Forums: SMF 2.1 incoming

Post by ciaobaby »

[quote="shiki"]
(I am glad that the SMF folks keep working hard on the software. It is truly a great piece of software.)
[/quote]

And keep hoping that they don't get the same 'commercial' glint in their eye as Jelsoft did when Internet Brands made them an offer they couldn't refuse.

The end result being the buggy resource hog also known as vBulletin 4
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Thanks shiki.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

[quote="ciaobaby"]And keep hoping that they don't get the same 'commercial' glint in their eye as Jelsoft did when Internet Brands made them an offer they couldn't refuse. [/quote]

True, true.
(The price tag bothers me the most when it comes to commercial forums, though.
I would be fine with paying for a bb software, but both vBulletin and IPBoard have insane prices.)
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

And are no better than many of the open source / free systems for having that price tag.

If you need the integrated system of blogging, discussion and 'articles' that Vb4 + is, Joomla, plus Kunena plus CJBlog does the same job with fewer server resources needed.