[Solved] How to make the switch from uTorrent as painless as possible?

Windows specific questions, problems.
shvffle

[Solved] How to make the switch from uTorrent as painless as possible?

Post by shvffle »

Hi there, I recently became interested in qBittorrent and would like to switch from uTorrent.  However, i currently have about 1,500 torrents seeding in uTorrent and wanted to see if I could somehow transfer those to qBittorrent, as I need to keep those seeding.  is there some workaround to do this?  thanks.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: How to make the switch from uTorrent as painless as possible?

Post by Peter »

Please, report this as a "Wishlist bug" on the tracker.
I'll star the issue since I want this feature too.
s4nder

Post by s4nder »

Wouldn't the "automatically add torrents from this folder" feature work?
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Even if you move them into one folder (using labels in uTorrent ...), it would cause your torrents re-check themselves.
And that is a serious time if you have THAT many torrents. (For example if you are a member of what.cd or something like that.)
loki

Post by loki »

Not that I'm trying to say it wouldn't be a useful feature but, couldn't you just temporarily use both? Open new torrents with qbittorrent and continue utorrent until you're done seeding the old ones? (however this does assume that you discontinue seeding the old torrents at some point)
I've seen this feature before on another torrent program but it was buggy at best. As with the other one, it was not able to transfer the history of how much has been uploaded, for example.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Good pointsb loki, you can start your new downloads with qBittorrent and seed with the other, but that is double work running 2 clients also I think.. and if you do the change with clients be careful to not to lose anything.
wattie

Post by wattie »

I did transferred all my 400+ torrents one by one. It was a painful job; however qbittorrent is much lighter and better than utorrent. With utorrent my computer was dying with so many seedings. QBitTorrent is stable... slows down the comp reasonably.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Good to hear that it all worked out how its supposed to be :).