Developer/Programmer input needed

For the generic offtopic chit-chat
ciaobaby

Developer/Programmer input needed

Post by ciaobaby »

Suggestions for a 64bit Windows compiler, 'coz' I've just set myself up a dual boot Windows 7 64/32 bit machine and will do some Windows testing/debugging and I'm waaaaaay out of date with Windoze (Win 2k was the last M$ OS I developed anything for).
VS Express will do for 32 bit builds of course, but M$ 64 bit compilers only come with VS pro edition upwards.  But seeing as I probably won't be donating funds to M$ for a copy, (eBay maybe :) ) and I don't/won't use 'hooky' and/or  'cracked'  software, 64 bit options  seem fairly limited.

Min GW?  M$ SDK 7? or .... ?
sledgehammer_999
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Developer/Programmer input needed

Post by sledgehammer_999 »

msvc 2013 express allows 64bit compilation too.
One good guide on how to set the whole toolchain for qbt and 64bits is here: https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorr ... linkage%29
I haven't tested the guide but it is based on my official guide for 32bits.
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

OK, I'll give that a whirl, I did find a guide that suggested I could use an older version of the platform SDK with VS 6 (which I do have a licensed copy of) (http://www.javaxt.com/Tutorials/Visual_ ... atform_SDK)
Dayman

Post by Dayman »

VS 6
That's pretty old. MSVC Express Studio can build 64-bit ok after 2010 release. Alternatively you can use WinSDK, which includes command line compilers, but no IDE. Just be advised that SDK6.1 can't be installed if you have VC 2010 Runtimes installed (need to uninstall 'em first as a workaround).
ciaobaby

Post by ciaobaby »

That's pretty old

Yep, it's a relic from when I was writing stuff on a regular basis, and I never got dragged along into the .NET frenzy. (still haven't)