Download Problems

Windows specific questions, problems.
ooonowoo

Download Problems

Post by ooonowoo »

im new to this program but very familiar with computers, i cannot seem to get anything to download consistently, every time it starts, it will stop just as quickly and give me an I/O error message. im running windows 7.  can anyone help??? ive tried numerous different settings but nothing seems to give me a consistent download.  al my network connections are secure
Last edited by ooonowoo on Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
loki

Re: DOWNLOAD PROBLEMS

Post by loki »

The current stable version has an error exactly as you describe with Windows 7 (64bit only, as far as we know). You'll have to go back to, at least, version 2.8.1.1... perhaps 2.7.3.

Also this should likely be in Windows section.
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

[quote="loki"]
Also this should likely be in Windows section.
[/quote]

Topic moved  ;)
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

v2.8.2 (current stable) works flawlessly with 32-bit but on the other side v2.7.3 works with 64-bit without problems at the moment. Its a known issue/bug and will be fixed as soon as possible. I just want to add; if you use v2.7.3 with 64-bit you ain't losing anything important (fixes and such, though it's always important but not very important things) from the current stable with 32-bit. v2.7.3 works just fine.
r4dic4l

Re: Download Problems

Post by r4dic4l »

i searched and downloaded v2.7.3 for win7 64 but i still get I/O errors for my downloads @@"
at first everything went smoothly, but soon, after the 3rd torrent those I/O errors start to appear....
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Check out 2.8.3 ... it is supposedly fixed that problem.
s4nder

Post by s4nder »

2.8.3 isn't available for Windows yet, is it?
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

[quote="s4nder"]
2.8.3 isn't available for Windows yet, is it?
[/quote]

Yes, not available yet. We must wait dib or sledgehammer to return.