does 1kiB mean pause?

Windows specific questions, problems.
financialwar

does 1kiB mean pause?

Post by financialwar »

if I set the speed to 1KiB, is that the same as pause since I can not do 0KiB, using v3.2.1.
Last edited by financialwar on Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stihia

Re: does 1kiB mean pause?

Post by stihia »

I hope you will never get an answer here. Bittorrent is about sharing, not limiting the speed to 1 KiB/s.
financialwar

Post by financialwar »

Dude, I think you misunderstood me, I was asking because I need to pause torrent that is both download and upload during peak hours so that my family does not complaint. I still seed at full speed when torrenting.
Last edited by financialwar on Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stihia

Post by stihia »

Sorry then. What you're looking for is on Settings -> Speed -> Alternative Global Rate Limits (combined with Schedule). But if you have many torrents maybe is better to pause all (right-click on system tray icon) during peak hours. That's because of the connections made by any torrent client if many torrents are still active, which will result in a partial "clogging" of your internet connection (especially with low-speed connections).
financialwar

Post by financialwar »

So there is no way to pause it completely and automatically? In uTorrent there is a scheduler where it you pause it, make it slow or at full speed.
stihia

Post by stihia »

Yeah, it seems that the only solutions is pause them manually every day OR set them to DL/UL speed at 1 KiB/s by schedule...