2.9 differences?

Other platforms, generic questions.
loki

2.9 differences?

Post by loki »

A few things I noticed different between 2.8.5 and 2.9.0 (these may be Windows specific, if so this should likely be moved to the Windows section) but it may get more attention here:

1. Uploaded torrents (ones that were pure seeded, not downloaded) no longer show share ratio but infinite. It is, at least my opinion, it should go back to the way it used to be where it would calculate out the ratio (or multiplier if that's more correct) based on the file size. Otherwise how else would one share to a specified ratio on an upload?
2. File sorting in the Content tab or torrent add dialog, no longer lists folders first. I believe it should be the default behavior for folders to be listed before files (not simply alphabetical, mixed in with files).
3. The torrent add dialog window is too wide, can't be made small enough (for some reason it just doesn't go smaller at a certain point), and doesn't remember the previous size/position. I believe 2.8.5 didn't have this problem or at least it never was a problem.

I believe that's all I've noticed so far.
Last edited by loki on Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
ironcross

Re: 2.9 differences?

Post by ironcross »

I have some torrents with infinite ratio too and i wondered about them. They're downloaded long time ago and they're the oldest torrents in my list. Their ratio was very big and now it shows infinity.
christophe.dumez

Post by christophe.dumez »

Yes, I changed ratio calculation in v2.9.0. The algorithm is apparently wrong, I'll look into that. Note, however, that these should be reported on the bug tracker if you expect someone to actually fix it (I don't visit the forums that often).
christophe.dumez

Post by christophe.dumez »

I have fixed 1. and 3. for v2.9.1. I haven't looked into 2. yet since I don't believe the behavior has changed.
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

[quote="christophe.dumez"]
I have fixed 1. and 3. for v2.9.1.
[/quote]

Thanks a lot for the fast solving of these things :)
loki

Post by loki »

Thanks from me too, also, never mind on #2, I only had one isolated incident for unknown reasons and can't reproduce it.