uTorrent - OH GOD THE ADS! ITS EVERYWHERE!!!!!11

For the generic offtopic chit-chat
FliessendWasser

Re: uTorrent - OH GOD THE ADS! ITS EVERYWHERE!!!!!11

Post by FliessendWasser »

[quote="Peter"]
@brot0: Yeah I knew about this "offer" thing, but it's gone. It's not there anymore, in the latest versions.
Same for "upsell". They are simply removed.
[/quote]

What the heck...
I downloaded the most recent stable version/build and did what I described, and it was all there for me :o

Call me what you want, but I'm confused right now.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

@brot0:
Hmmm... that's really weird.
I will check it again, but seriously the installer with these adware style/buttons is creeping me the f. out.
It feels like I am installing a FreeMP3Downloader.exe from some shady site.
It's that feeling which kept you safe for so long: The best anti-virus, Common Sense 2015 - Ultimate Edition.

But yeah I will try it again, and thanks for the heads up.

@dragons4life:
It looks like some obsolete junk code has been left in the live code, that allows remote code execution. Via Javascript, nonetheless.
Meh, whatever. If someone reports this, Bittorrent Inc just plugs the hole and the ads won't be removeable.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

dragons4life

Post by dragons4life »

[quote="Peter"]The best anti-virus, Common Sense 2015 - Ultimate Edition.
[/quote]
never fails to make me laugh.

@nemo you plan to upgrade to windows 10 any time soon?
Last edited by dragons4life on Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Not yet, im not sure when to upgrade actually. I still like W7; does everything I need and its supported. Not seeing any real reason to upgrade outside Directx 12 which isn't fully being used yet. With a few more updates I might give it a try.
dragons4life

Post by dragons4life »

[quote="Nemo"]
Not yet, im not sure when to upgrade actually. I still like W7; does everything I need and its supported. Not seeing any real reason to upgrade outside Directx 12 which isn't fully being used yet. With a few more updates I might give it a try.
[/quote]
You can always downgrade to windows 7 from windows 10 without losing your files, anyways I think it's better.
than again I enjoyed and used windows 8 more than 7 after  I stopped using windows XP.
FliessendWasser

Post by FliessendWasser »

[quote="dragons4life"]
[quote="Nemo"]
[/quote]
You can always downgrade to windows 7 from windows 10 without losing your files
[/quote]

Yup, you can.
After one reboot Windows 7 sadly didn't want to start due to some failure. Some program by Microsoft checked all files which stand in connection with the boot process, but failed at some point.
Result: I had to reset my PC, and install all things again.