Working peers limit

Other platforms, generic questions.
Brogyi

Working peers limit

Post by Brogyi »

I can see a low number (100) under the trackers/working/peers.When I downloading a popular torrent I can see more than 10 000 seeders and 1 500 peers.
It is impossible that only 100 peers working. >:(
Who set it and why set it this low limit? And last what does it mean that number?
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Working peers limit

Post by Peter »

Have you checked your connection settings in qBittorrent?
ps.: Having 239283947 connections won't give you better speed, but rather kill your whole connection due to the routing table overflow.
There is a sane limit.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

I think he means like how it is in uTorrent; under trackers tab you see all the active trackers and with each tracker it shows how many seeds/peers there are available in total at that tracker, and this is with all trackers that are shown there. For example:

Tracker 1 : Seeds 101 / Peers 300
Tracker 2: Seeds 92 / Peers 256.

And qBittorrent shows like this:
Tracker 1: 100
Tracker 2: 200

qBittorrent only shows 50/100 or 200 sometimes but not how many seeds/peers there are available in those particular tracker(s). When downloading the torrent you will see the total seeds/peers at the main window though.
Brogyi

Post by Brogyi »

Nemo_0. You're right.The settings are according this site:http://infinite-source.de/az/az-calc.html
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Yes there you can fill your upload speed and it automaticly calculates the optimal settings for you. Officialy it was made for Azureus but it works with all clients. If you are following those settings you are on the good path; not too many connections or too less and your upload will also be good. But if you want to change it in qBittorrent (which I did) these are the things you have to change, although im not advising you to change anything to very high numbers:

My settings.
Open qBittorent, go to options, then to Connections, you will get to this screen:

Global connections -> Mine is always around 500-600, currently at 500 which is the original number when installed qBittorrent. Leave Global Connections at 500.
Connections Per Torrent -> This is how many peers you want to be connected to while downloading. Original number is 100, when I was using uTorrent 1.6.1 I was getting 180 here with the connection wizard and I changed it to 200 which I kept from long time ago cause my internet hasn't changed since then. If you want more peers you can change this value but remember: more seeds/peers is not automaticly more speed. Your connection might not handle it or even disconnect for few seconds/minutes. If you are using router I wouldnt go very high with this, atleast not higher than 200. For me this works with my connection but our connections differ I guess and it might have negative effect to you. The 3rd one is to how many people you want to upload to. If you have fast connection you might increase it to 5 or 6.

I hope this helps a bit, im advising you to stick to the calculator settings. You can go a bit higher but not too much with Connections Per Torrent.
Last edited by Nemo on Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.