qBittorrent and Firefox: Auto add torrents to qBittorrent?

Linux specific questions, problems.
Splat

qBittorrent and Firefox: Auto add torrents to qBittorrent?

Post by Splat »

I know I got this working before but I've since changed some things and don't know what happened. I cannot get qBitttorrent to auto add/queue files from Firefox.  IOW, I click on "download torrent" link on a page and then qBittorrent opens but the torrent is not being added to the queue. I've searched for the past 30mins and cannot find the answer. I already tried re-associating qBittorrent with torrents in FF but still no good. Thanks.

PS, running Meerkat and the latest versions of qBittorrent and Firefox.
Last edited by Splat on Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Splat

Re: qBittorrent and Firefox: Auto add torrents to qBittorrent?

Post by Splat »

OK, here we go guys. Now it's working as it should. Here's the kicker: I didn't change anything. Nothing in FF nor qB was changed and no Ubuntu updates performed either.  Now when I click on the "download torrent" link on a webpage the torrent gets added to qB and begins downloading as normal. Well, at least it's working now. Wish I had an idea why though.
pixeladjuster

Post by pixeladjuster »

Hi Splat

I am having the same problem running 11.10 Ubuntu, it never has worked for me. You any the wiser to how to get it going? Thanks
loki

Post by loki »

I wouldn't think so but, latest ubuntu updates have any influence here?
Splat

Post by Splat »

[quote="loki"]
I wouldn't think so but, latest ubuntu updates have any influence here?
[/quote]

I don't think so.  FWIW, go to Firefox's Preferences/Applications and type in "torrent" without quotes. Make sure you have it set to use qBitorrent for magnet and torrent files.