qBitTorrent crashing in Linux Mint

Linux specific questions, problems.
SofaKingLethal

qBitTorrent crashing in Linux Mint

Post by SofaKingLethal »

Hello all,

I've installed QBT v2.9.2 on Linux Mint 11 and I've been running into a problem where the client is crashing unexpectedly.

When run through the terminal, the following occurs during a crash:

Application asked to unregister timer 0x1400001f which is not registered in this thread. Fix application.

Catching SIGSEGV, please report a bug at http://bug.qbittorrent.org
and provide the following backtrace:
qBittorrent version: v2.6.9
stack trace:
  /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 : ()+0x33d80  [0x7f749bc41d80]
  /usr/lib/libtorrent-rasterbar.so.6 : libtorrent::udp_socket::set_proxy_settings(libtorrent::proxy_settings const&)+0x49  [0x7f749e538799]
  /usr/lib/libtorrent-rasterbar.so.6 : libtorrent::udp_socket::hung_up(boost::system::error_code const&)+0x53  [0x7f749e538b03]
  /usr/lib/libtorrent-rasterbar.so.6 : boost::asio::detail::read_handler<boost::asio::basic_stream_socket<boost::asio::ip::tcp, boost::asio::stream_socket_service<boost::asio::ip::tcp> >, boost::asio::mutable_buffers_1, boost::asio::detail::transfer_all_t, boost::_bi::bind_t<void, boost::_mfi::mf1<void, libtorrent::udp_socket, boost::system::error_code const&>, boost::_bi::list2<boost::_bi::value<libtorrent::udp_socket*>, boost::arg<1> > > >::operator()(boost::system::error_code const&, unsigned long)+0x2da  [0x7f749e5436fa]
  /usr/lib/libtorrent-rasterbar.so.6 : boost::asio::detail::handler_queue::handler_wrapper<boost::asio::detail::binder2<boost::asio::detail::read_handler<boost::asio::basic_stream_socket<boost::asio::ip::tcp, boost::asio::stream_socket_service<boost::asio::ip::tcp> >, boost::asio::mutable_buffers_1, boost::asio::detail::transfer_all_t, boost::_bi::bind_t<void, boost::_mfi::mf1<void, libtorrent::udp_socket, boost::system::error_code const&>, boost::_bi::list2<boost::_bi::value<libtorrent::udp_socket*>, boost::arg<1> > > >, boost::system::error_code, unsigned long> >::do_call(boost::asio::detail::handler_queue::handler*)+0x1ba  [0x7f749e543c3a]
  /usr/lib/libtorrent-rasterbar.so.6 : boost::asio::detail::task_io_service<boost::asio::detail::epoll_reactor<false> >::run(boost::system::error_code&)+0x2b2  [0x7f749e416372]
  /usr/lib/libtorrent-rasterbar.so.6 : libtorrent::aux::session_impl::operator()()+0x50  [0x7f749e4a2030]
  /usr/lib/libboost_thread.so.1.42.0 : thread_proxy()+0x5e  [0x7f749b3e016e]
  /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0 : ()+0x6d8c  [0x7f749e066d8c]
  /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 : clone()+0x6d  [0x7f749bcf404d]
Segmentation fault

Can someone help me with this issue and suggest something? Much appreciation in advance.

Thanks.
res0r9lm

Re: qBitTorrent crashing in Linux Mint

Post by res0r9lm »

Its a Mint/Ubuntu bug. Your probably using wrong version of libtorrent-rb
SofaKingLethal

Post by SofaKingLethal »

[quote="res0r9lm"]
Its a Mint/Ubuntu bug. Your probably using wrong version of libtorrent-rb
[/quote]

Can you be more specific? I'm using the latest x64 version of libtorrent-rb. Should I roll back to an older version?

Thanks,
loki

Post by loki »

2.6.9 is the latest version available to you? Have you considered using/adding an ubuntu ppa? He's also built the proper libtorrent on that same ppa if you need it.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:hydr0g3n/ppa
then
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install qbittorrent

That should clear up any "old" bugs.
SofaKingLethal

Post by SofaKingLethal »

- Loki,

I wanted to thank you for your help. It appears that reverting to the version that was in the repository you provided fixed the problem. Qbittorrent has been stable for 2 days and hasn't crashed yet.

Thank you again for your help. This ticket can be closed as my problem has been solved.