Data check on torrent completion loops

Linux specific questions, problems.
Noosentaal

Data check on torrent completion loops

Post by Noosentaal »

Hi All,

First things first I'm running F14 32bit and KDE.

I've recently started using this computer to download torrents and I've noticed a problem which has occurred in two clients now, Qbittorrent and Ktorrent.

What happens is that on torrent files larger than about 1gb the torrent will download to 100% completion but when the data is checked (I've turned on the "Recheck data on torrent completion" option) some of the data is rejected and the torrent drops back to 99(ish)%. This continues in a loop with the torrents never actually going to completion. I tried a torrent that is just 300mb (ish) and this downloaded and was checked ok.

I did a bit of googling and found this:
http://ktorrent.pwsp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3855

Which I thought might be the problem so I changed the "nofile" value in /etc/security/limits.conf first to 4096 which had no effect and then to 20000 which also had no effect.

"ulimit -n" confirms that the setting is correct for 4096 and 20000.

Before I turned the data check on using ktorrent I downloaded an ISO file which went to 100% completion however the file was corrupted. As an attempt to work around the problem I loaded up utorrent on Windows and copied in the data from Ktorrent. utorrent checked the file, discarded some data and then downloaded the missing data rechecked and went to 100% complete so this is a problem I'm only seeing on Fedora, not Windows.

Can you shed any light on this for me?

Cheers,

Noosentaal