Download folders don't make sense to me.

Linux specific questions, problems.
crosenblum

Download folders don't make sense to me.

Post by crosenblum »

I admit I am coming from my experience of utorrent, so I am more than willing to learn how qbittorrent works, it just is confusing to me atm.

1. I want to have 1 folder that will only hold torrent's that are completely done downloading. This folder should be the folder that has subfolders for labels.

2. There should be a seperate folder for where all partial downloads are stored

3. There should be a folder that hold's new torrent's that may be sent to qbittorrent from other applications, that qbittorrent will check to see if there are new torrent's there.

4. There should be a folder where it stores old torrents

Because what is happening to me now, is that all partial downloads are being stored in the same folder as the folder that should only hold download's that are completely done.

Because I want to have a scheduled task aka cron event that movies files from the completely done folder to other folder's for processing and organizing etc.

But because they are in the same folder that makes it much much harder.

I have the latest version of qbittorent, what is the correct way to set it up, to achieve the result i want?

Thank you for your time..
ironcross

Re: Download folders don't make sense to me.

Post by ironcross »

Tools - Options - Downloads:
Save files to location  - this will hold the complete torrents. Check the option Append the label of the torrent to the save path.
Keep incomplete torrents in - this will hold the partial downloaded torrents.
crosenblum

Post by crosenblum »

What about deleting/removing completed downloads? How do i remove them, without deleting the files?
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

I don't understand your last question, but if you ask how to remove them from qBittorrent without to delete the downloaded files: right click on the torrent - Delete - in the Deleting confirmation dialog don't put a tick on the option Also delete the files on the hard disk.
crosenblum

Post by crosenblum »

I have done, that, and it still delete's the actual files.
loki

Post by loki »

#3 Tools-Options-Downloads, Automatically add torrents from...
#4 Tools-Options-Downloads, Copy .torrent files to...