Manually Adding Magnet Links

Linux specific questions, problems.
Pzazz

Manually Adding Magnet Links

Post by Pzazz »

Apparently, there's an issue where Google Chrome in Linux doesn't like to open links in anything other than itself. 

This includes magnet links.

In the meantime, I've noticed that the wiki doesn't include the changes to the "Top Tool Bar", wherein the eleven buttons have been truncated to seven.  The resulting toolbar does not include the "add magnet link" button.

I'm using Arch Linux.  I don't know if the Arch repository has something a little different, or if I am completely missing something.
poc

Re: Manually Adding Magnet Links

Post by poc »

Chrome can be configured to open Magnet links in qBittorrent. For a (long) discussion about this in Fedora under KDE, see http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermai ... 11284.html

I'm not familiar with Arch, but you might try using xdg-settings as discussed in the above thread.
Mark G

Re: Manually Adding Magnet Links

Post by Mark G »

The easy way around this is to right-click on the link, copy, and then go to Qbittorent>File>Add Link to Torrent. It will automatically paste what you have just copied into a temporary clipboard. You have to "accept" it and then it will add it to your list of torrents.