how to move downloaded files?

Linux specific questions, problems.
jkstolzen

how to move downloaded files?

Post by jkstolzen »

The question isn't quite as stupid as the subject title...  :)

Before I got my organization figured out, I downloaded a bunch of stuff to the /downloads folder.  How can I move these files to the folders where I *want* them to be, but keep it so that the files will continue to seed properly?

I'm using qBittorent in a VortexBox, BTW.

Thx
ironcross

Re: how to move downloaded files?

Post by ironcross »

Pause these torrents, move the files, then use the Force recheck option (with right click on the torrents). After checking they should continue to seed properly.
jkstolzen

Post by jkstolzen »

Thx

How will it know where to find where I moved the files to?  Maybe I'm overthinking this.  I've done this with Transmission before, but qBittorent is new to me, and I've only got the WebGUI to play with.
loki

Post by loki »

I don't believe the webui has a feature to set location per torrent, it's a very limited basic interface compared to the full gui.
jkstolzen

Post by jkstolzen »

That's what I figured... I wonder if you can do it from the command line. Is only need to do this once for each file then never again.
belgotux

Post by belgotux »

I'm looking for the same feature via webGUI... But it doesn't exist for qbittorrent-nox or other torrent client with webGUI. I've tested rutorrent, rgui, vuze-gui.

Where the torrent files's paths are stored ? Maybe I can script something to move torrent without break the "seeds status"

Belgotux