Qbittorent doesn't connect

Linux specific questions, problems.
Mark G

Qbittorent doesn't connect

Post by Mark G »

Well, not all of the time. I switch back and forth between windows and Ubuntu. It seems like every other time I log on to Ubuntu and launch Qbittorent it won't download any torrent files. It will go into "stalled" mode but it never starts. The only way I can troubleshoot this is to reboot over and over and over until qbittorrent finally connects. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I'm on ubuntu 10.10. I didn't have this problem with the last version of qbittorent. Thoughts?
Mark G

Re: Qbittorent doesn't connect

Post by Mark G »

I'm sure I can't be the only person having this problem. I did manage to upgrade to Qbittorrent 2.9.7. So, I do have the current one but I rebooted over ten times today and qbittorent will not connect to any torrents. I upgraded the library files and then the qbittorent client hoping it would fix the problem but it didn't. Thoughts on how to fix this?
belgotux

Post by belgotux »

Have you verify the rules on your firewall/router ? Qbittorrent uses UPnP to create NAT rules, but with the same machine with dual-boot, it can be strange.
- Stop qbittorrent
- Delete all rules into your firewall if needed about qBittorrent (default port 6881)
- restart qbittorrent (it recreate the rules into your firewall)
Mark G

Post by Mark G »

belgotux, thanks friend. Yup, it's a weird thing. I didn't need port forwarding before this weekend but I did finally create a couple of rules on my router. I'm on linux for most of the time so I don't worry about my software firewall. Just the hardware fw that is part of my router. Anyway, created the rules, applied everything and nothing worked. Deleted the rules, created new ones and nothing worked. Then  I got an idea. I disabled the rule, refreshed the modem and waited for the modem to restart. Then I enabled the rule and qbittorent started working but the light never turned green. I'm not on the linux partition right now so I don't know if that was a fluke or it's fixed. I'll lock the thread when I confirm everything is working. Thanks.