Create torrent?

Linux specific questions, problems.
UnbiasedManatee

Create torrent?

Post by UnbiasedManatee »

Client: 2.9.7

I have a remote qBittorrent server in which I only have web/shell access to - I don't have GUI access. I am wondering how I would go about creating a torrent?

I tried creating one locally with Deluge. here are the conditions in which it was made:

1) I specified a single tracker
2) I specified it as a private torrent
3) The torrent data it self is a directory structure with 1 root directory and a fair few amount of sub-directories (about 2 or 3 levels deep)
4) I then placed the root directory, of my torrent, into the the download folder

Uploading the torrent, through the web interface, fails; It doesn't even register. I am not sure why as I cannot seem to find the log file. Are there any steps I am missing?

I should point out that I am creating this torrent with a directory structure in which is FTP'd afterwards. I am not entirely sure how torrents work exactly - could it be possible that some of the data is corrupt on transfer and it is failing some kind of checksum? I have tried to upload the torrent in absence of the seeded data to see if it is even accepted and it attempts to contact the tracker but it doesn't - so this maybe trumps the corruption in transfer theory.

This is may or may not be a Deluge problem - this is why I am here to ask if there are any alternatives that are know to work with QBT - or for you guys to point out the error of my ways.

Thanks for your time.
ironcross

Re: Create torrent?

Post by ironcross »

Topic moved from Generic since it's Linux related.
UnbiasedManatee

Re: Create torrent?

Post by UnbiasedManatee »

Thanks.

It turns out that there is a limit on the number of files per torrent. Archived some sub-directories to reduce file count.

Cheers.