Where can I find a general guide to qBittorrent?

Linux specific questions, problems.
eddiearniwhatever

Where can I find a general guide to qBittorrent?

Post by eddiearniwhatever »

Hi, I'm entirely new to torrent downloading. I managed to  download qbittorrent onto my ubuntu 12.04 linux machine, and haven't had any trouble finding torrents through the search function and downloading files to my computer. The GUI interface is  simple enough. However, I can't really find a simple newbie guide to the program anywhere. I can use the program in a basic sense but would like to learn more about it so I know what the hell it's doing! Any suggestions?

That failing, I'd like to learn how to find more information about a the torrents offered in the search option so I can at least figure out what exactly I'm downloading. For example, it is easy find movies by their titles, but the name of the torrent might not reveal much about the movie itself, whether it is HD or subtitled, etc.... how can I learn more about a given torrent?

thanks!
ironcross

Re: Where can I find a general guide to qBittorrent?

Post by ironcross »

Welcome.
Maybe will be better if you search your stuff in some tracker. The torrents in the trackers have detailed info and you can see the comments of the other users.
Check this topic and choose your tracker:
http://qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php?topic=43.0