v2.9.8 TCP port 0 issue?

MAC OS X specific questions, problems.
bluecar

v2.9.8 TCP port 0 issue?

Post by bluecar »

I've tried v2.9.8 several times since it was released and just can't get it to work for me.  It always starts up and won't connect to any open torrents.  The execution log contains the following entry:

<timestamp> - qBittorrent is bound to port: TCP/0

I've tried lots of different ports, using UPnP which has always worked for me, and also explicitly configuring a port in my firewall.  Either method works for v2.9.7 and I can downgrade and things work fine.  I also wiped the config file and started from scratch and received the same results.  v2.9.8 always seems to want to bind to port 0.

I thought for sure that by now I would have seen other reports of this problem or an entry into the bug tracker.  Am I the only one with this problem?

Bluecar
loki

Re: v2.9.8 TCP port 0 issue?

Post by loki »

The windows build of 2.9.8 seems to be having problems too, I don't think this particular error has been reported... but bug reports should get more attention (from developer) in the launchpad page, not forum, https://bugs.launchpad.net/qbittorrent/
bluecar

Post by bluecar »

Submitted to tracker as #1001633.

bluecar
bluecar

Post by bluecar »

This problem also persists (for me) in the most recent v2.9.9.

bluecar
bluecar

Post by bluecar »

Isn't anybody else having this problem?  Are there Mac Lion users out there using 2.9.9 without any TCP port problems?  If so, any suggestions?

Thanks,

bluecar