Fix for: "Errored: an unexpected network error occured"?

Windows specific questions, problems.
rkruz3

Fix for: "Errored: an unexpected network error occured"?

Post by rkruz3 »

Version 4.3.9, Window 10.
qBittorrent has worked for years in its different versions but now I get this consistent error.
After about 30 seconds the torrents will stop (all of them) with this error message: "Errored: an unexpected network error occurred."
I can manually restart and the torrent will continue for a few seconds then stop again with the same error.
I downloaded an older version of qBittorrent and had the same issue.
I have tried these changes I found when researching the issue but they did not correct the problem.
-- Gave user full permissions.
-. Closed WIndows Firewall.

Any ideas?

Thank you
dawsonkm

Re: Fix for: "Errored: an unexpected network error occured"?

Post by dawsonkm »

Running W10 in a VM with 4.3.9.
I can't help solve this but I've been seeing the same network error it looks like once a day.
I'm saving to a mapped drive on a NAS. I have to research more into this problem but once the error occurs it requires a reboot of the VM to get network connectivity back to the NAS. I don't know if it's the NAS, VM or the program but have to dig through some logs.
rkruz3

Post by rkruz3 »

Apparently my problem is from the synology NAS. I upgraded to DSM 7 and my NAS, A DS220j is not entirely compatible as it has to little RAM and not upgradeable and causes the network drop. I'm backing up now then will attempt to downgrade the dsm to v6
NowhereMan

Post by NowhereMan »

Did downgrading to DSM 6 help? I am still on the latest version of DSM 6 and started getting these errors all of a sudden. Nothing in my setup changed and it had been working for over a year on an DS1821+. Can't figure out what is causing it. Running version 4.4.5 on Windows 10 Pro.
rkruz3

Post by rkruz3 »

You cannot downgrade unless you are a Phd in computers. They dont allow it. I did something, I dont remember, all those months ago and its working fine now for many months with the latest NAS firmware
NowhereMan

Post by NowhereMan »

Yea I had read it was hard to downgrade which is why I never upgraded after reading to many issues with DSM 7 and Plex server. My plan was to move Plex to a Docker container and then upgrade but I've just been to lazy to do that yet.
rkruz3

Post by rkruz3 »

You are so obsolete! Im running the latest DSM Version: 7.1.1-42962 Update 5. You really should upgrade. Ive been very very pleased for last at least 2 years with it.