Changing Categories on new version 4.4.0

Windows specific questions, problems.
JackRabbit

Changing Categories on new version 4.4.0

Post by JackRabbit »

so the option to right click on a torrent and change categories has gone, and i can't seen to find a way to do it now,
clearly you haven't abolished categories otherwise setting would reflect this loss,
please advise as i use this function all the time to manage my seeding
cheesy

Re: Changing Categories on new version 4.4.0

Post by cheesy »

It's in Right Click -> torrent options.

Changelog:
- BUGFIX: Move a few torrent context menu actions into "Torrent options" dialog (thalieht)
bmi25

Post by bmi25 »

1.)
I totally agree with the first two posts.

All my torrents are categorized.

Until this version there was:
1 right click to open the menu list
1 left click (selection of the Category from menu list)
1 left click (selection of the Category)
1 left click (OK)
It was already very much.

When auto importing torrent files from a folder, there is no way to define the last chosen Category - and directory - as being the default one. (And to see somewhere the last chosen Category.)

There is no way to just drag the selected torrents to a Category at the left side of the window - it would be only 1 click. Not 5, now!. Too simple, isn't it?

It would still be better to have a drop down list on the main form to select the Category for the selected torrents - maybe as an optional feature?

Or am I missing something?

2.)
"Changelog:
- BUGFIX: Move a few torrent context menu actions into "Torrent options" dialog (thalieht)"

There is no naming of the Category word in this BUGFIX description.

Which means, the readers have to read all the changelog and figure out if the actual line MIGHT include the disappearing of the Category from the usual place.

Very not user friendly.
Imagine

Post by Imagine »

That's sad. I hope the creators of the program read this and make conclusions.
dking2011

Post by dking2011 »

I have also upgraded today and instantly noticed the removal of changing the category via the right-click menu, but also the removal of moving torrents to another physical location.

I have noticed that both are available in the Torrent options area, but that's a lot more work for something that was a simple right-click job. I hope there is a way of turning this function back on, or at least enable it again in a future release.
Krusty

Post by Krusty »

Yes same issue here!!! :P :-[ :-\
I have ALWAYS used change category to show that I have "Saved" the download as I always share any files for weeks/months.
Was this removed in error or was it intentional.
I returned to the previous version (4.3.9) as 4.4.0 does not do it for me. I now have to contend with the NAG screens. Update: I disabled auto updates. >:D
Last edited by Krusty on Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JackRabbit

Post by JackRabbit »

even though i do want the right click option back, what i would love, is to be able to configure buttons on the toolbar to do this. and delete other buttons i don't use
dking2011

Post by dking2011 »

An alternative (and perhaps better) option would be the ability to simply drag torrents onto the relevant category (or tags) on the left tree panel.
BlueDalek

Post by BlueDalek »

I am with everyone else - I finally put on 4.4 and was excited to see how it did with 12K torrents. However I immediately saw the missing categories context menu. It is impossible to go forward with it under torrent options, because of the extra clicks. I had to revert also, no matter how long it takes that menu item was non-negotiable. I really just can't see how anyone manages without it.

Additionally the "set location" menu was vital too. [Edit] Basically anything that directly adds clicks to checking or changing torrent info is gonna be a lead-balloon for me (power users?). [/Edit]

Candidly I am just not sure how this (4.4) is better with a downgrade on basic usage.
Please guys, you've done amazing, but we can't go backward - Even if I have to enable an option to restore it.

Thank you!
ExarKun2

Post by ExarKun2 »

Terrible change. Had to revert back to 4.3.9
DeathStalker

Post by DeathStalker »

Agreed. Why would anyone ever think that turning a single click option into a separate action was a good idea?

Not user-friendly. Also 100% illogical is keeping the tags option there. Still don't see any difference between the 2 - uT uses tags by default, qB *used* to use category by default, now you've only made it more of a pain to do so.

Change it back!

--- DS

Nemo:
No random caps please, thanks.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Update on this subject:

The context menu actions will be reverted, meaning it will be back like it was in v4.3.9. The milestone is set at v4.4.1 at the moment.
https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/pull/16016