QBittorrent and Mozilla VPN parameters

Linux specific questions, problems.
Phil17

QBittorrent and Mozilla VPN parameters

Post by Phil17 »

Hi gentlemen,
I have a problem using qBittorrent and Mozilla VPN.
I can use and navigate with Mozilla VPN working but cannot use qBittorrent with Mozzilla VPN, even if I applies some parameters found in forums about how to setting this two software together.
I asked Mozilla for help, but the only thing they advise is to use qBittorrent without changing the standard settings. I did this at the very beginning, no connection possible, so I looked for how to set up qBittorrent without success. Anyone have the settings to use to be able to use qBittorrent with this VPN? Thanks in advance.
Kaldius

Re: QBittorrent and Mozilla VPN parameters

Post by Kaldius »

You shouldn't need any special settings if your VPN is setup correctly. What distro/desktop you running? Also in qBittorent settings under advanced what do you have set as well as options for under "Network Interface" & Optional IP address to bind to". And are you using any sort of firewall, I'm not familiar with Mozilla VPN - how do you connect to it, through OpenVPN/Wireguard or do they have some kind of dedicated application? What is your qBittorent port setting, and are you able to check if that port is listening with:

Code: Select all

netstat -tulnp
?
Phil17

Re: QBittorrent and Mozilla VPN parameters

Post by Phil17 »

I've checked and re-checked, tested and re-tested, de-installed and reinstalled Mozilla VPN and qBittorrent (*)...
Now everything is working fine but I've must modify some parameters to reach this result.
Sorry, I don't given a lot of information, my apologies...
Xubuntu 20.04, no firewall, Mozilla VPN 2.6.0-focal1, qBittorrent v4.1.7.
Mozilla VPN settings : no change

qBittorrent settings :
Connexion : port 50160, fixed
Advanced / Network Interface : moz0

netstat -tulnp is now listening port 50160
(*) about de-installation of qBittorrent, even I use
sudo apt remove qbittorrent --purge
When re-installing, I've found all torrents and setting I have had previously, is it normal ?