3.3.9 to 3.4.0 broken + fixed

Linux specific questions, problems.
Kaldius

3.3.9 to 3.4.0 broken + fixed

Post by Kaldius »

So I got the 3.4.0 upgrade through the archlinux repo via pacman, and as soon as I booted up qBit I could immediately see the tray icon that was missing for ages and I tried every fix in the book to fix and failed has magically appeared! Secondly I noticed qBittorent's theme has turned to all white when it was previously following my system and all dark.

I searched the settings trying to figure out if anything had been changed or added that would explain this, but I could not find anything there. I took a look into the config file and found no option there that I recognized that could change it.

Any ideas bringing back my dark mode? Thanks. (Already tried deleting profile)
Kaldius

Re: 3.3.9 to 3.4.0 broken + fixed

Post by Kaldius »

Well in case anyone was wondering or having similar issue, alas I have found the solution. It seems the qBittorent is now working on QT6 platform instead of QT5 in the previous version. So I realized the qt6-settings application didn't come standard with the qt6 stuff qBittorent had installed, so after installing the qt6 configuration package, I was able to set the theme back to dark.

Good luck everyone!
tabre

Post by tabre »

I'm also having this issue, but I don't fully understand your solution. What is this "qt6-settings application" and how can I acquire it?
dragonWitchy

Post by dragonWitchy »

On Arch, I installed the package:
qt6ct -- Qt 6 Configuration Utility
Then run qt6ct to select theme