Errored the paging file is too small

Windows specific questions, problems.
bar1

Errored the paging file is too small

Post by bar1 »

Hi,

I am trying to download a very big 1tb file, however after 17% the file stopped with this error "Errored: the paging file is too small for this operation to complete"
why am i getting this?
is the fix to modify my page file?how big should it be?
thanks,
bar1
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Errored the paging file is too small

Post by Nemo »

Which version of qBittorrent are you using?
veejaybee53

Post by veejaybee53 »

I am also having this problem. Downloading very large file.

Initial problem showed when I updated to qbittorrent_4.4.1 Gave me a "disk not ready error" and scared the bejeezuz out of me. Went back to qbittorrent_4.4.0 and continued the download.

Tried to update to qbittorrent_4.4.2 and got a similar (but different) error but when you look at the status it says "paging file is too small"

I'm going back to qbittorrent_4.4.0 to hopefully continue download. (I am over 50% through of 14TB) ....victor
veejaybee53

Post by veejaybee53 »

Bummer. Now I'm getting the "paging file is too small" error on qbittorrent_4.4.0.......
veejaybee53

Post by veejaybee53 »

Went back to 4.3.9. Now I'm back. continued download and no errors. 3 mos. in....hope to be done by june
veejaybee53

Post by veejaybee53 »

So... qbittorrent_4.3.9 appears to be working.

Windows 10
computer is an Intel NUC with 8GB memory

Each time I have tried to update (so far) I get the error and download stops. Tried qbittorrent_4.4.0, 4.4.1 and 4.4.2. I seem to only be able to use qbittorrent_4.3.9.

Of course I woun't know for sure till I open the download.....some time in June.....
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

I mean Paging File is a Windows thing. It's how your OS can use more RAM than what is installed in your system.
You yourself can increase this by hand quite easily.

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/increase ... ry-windows

Only downside? This takes up disk space.
Just simply set a manual, bigger file size and it should work fine.
veejaybee53

Post by veejaybee53 »

Yeah...... Don't mean to be obtuse but i realized that and did change the paging file size ...to no avail. My bigger concern was the change in behavior from qbittorrent_4.3.9 to 4.4.0, 4.4.1 and 4.4.2.

......Looking back, I see I changed the size on my largest disk, not the C-drive. That may have been wrong, I'll try again.
veejaybee53

Post by veejaybee53 »

OK. Tried to increase the paging file size for my Windows C-Drive. Still errored out. But with new message. "Insufficient system resources".
I know I am probably way out on the edge downloading such a large file and my system only has 8GB of memory. So that may be my fault.

But every thing seems to work OK with qbittorrent_3.4.9. It would be nice to know why. Will you continue to support vers. 3.4.9?

I am 56% thru. should be done in June.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

What size did you put? I'm interested in like, how much its (mis)using, etc.
Honestly, with today's absolutely horrible programs, 8gb ram is like peanuts.
This is why virtual memory is used so extensively. Or should be.. without errors.