Windows tool for migration from Bittorrent/uTorrent/Deluge to qBittorrent

Windows specific questions, problems.
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Re: Windows tool for migration from Bittorrent/uTorrent/Deluge to qBittorrent

Post by rumanzo »

nightingale wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:02 am Used a tool (qbittorrent_4.3.7_x64_setup.exe), not sure if the same on discussed on this thread but found with Google, to migrate around 2000 torrents from an old uTorrent version to qBittorrent about a week ago. Aside from unable to migrate four torrents with some sort of error, which I moved manually, the change went well, besides the edited custom names viewed in client for each torrent wasn't transferred and qBittorent used the default names for each one. Is there a tool to do this? Since then I've started around a dozen or two dozen new torrents and copy pasted around one hundred edited torrent names from uTorrent client to qBittorrent, which might or might not complicate things, if such a tool exists.

Thank you. ^-^
rajdude wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:17 pm Hello everyone,
Can I please get a little help?

I am trying to migrate/import around 85 .torrent files created by uTorrent.

These .torrent files are kept under:
\\server\Movies\Downloaded\Torrents\CompletedTorrents
I would like to keep BT backups here:
\\server\Movies\Downloaded\Torrents\BT_backup

Hence, I am using this syntax:

import_command.jpg

When I tun this tool...I get the following errors for all the files (only two of those errors shown here)
I have finished refactor of bt2qbt, It was a lot of work, you can see in pull request https://github.com/rumanzo/bt2qbt/pull/35 . I cover all this cases with tests and I'm sure that new version don't have this kind of bugs.
Enjoy
Limyx826

Post by Limyx826 »

I want to ask is this normal?
Screenshot 2022-06-01 233100.png
Screenshot 2022-06-01 233100.png (8.57 KiB) Viewed 4041 times
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

Limyx826 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:31 pm I want to ask is this normal?
Screenshot 2022-06-01 233100.png
It is normal if you have bittorrent\utorrent folder in non standart place, or it is portable version. Define utorrent\bittorrent folder manually with options
Limyx826

Post by Limyx826 »

rumanzo wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:41 pm It is normal if you have bittorrent\utorrent folder in non standart place, or it is portable version. Define utorrent\bittorrent folder manually with options
Is that so? My bittorrent folder is within my appdata folder the same as '%Appdata%/Bittorent' yet it can't found it.
Screenshot 2022-06-02 110217.png
Screenshot 2022-06-02 110217.png (150.57 KiB) Viewed 4026 times
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

Limyx826 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:03 am
rumanzo wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:41 pm It is normal if you have bittorrent\utorrent folder in non standart place, or it is portable version. Define utorrent\bittorrent folder manually with options
Is that so? My bittorrent folder is within my appdata folder the same as '%Appdata%/Bittorent' yet it can't found it.
Screenshot 2022-06-02 110217.png
There is no guessing what exactly you have utorrent or bittorrent, mostly users use utorrent, that's why you need define path to your folder

open cmd, and execute bt2qbt with args:

Code: Select all

bt2qbt_v1.18_amd64.exe -s C:/Users/youuser/AppData/Roaming/BitTorrent
uskeliye46

Post by uskeliye46 »

Thanks for links. But I'm not sure that we're talking about the same thing. I mean the length of the "pieces" field. I fill it with 0 or 1 (0x00 or 0x01), it's correct. If calculation of the number of pieces is correct, it's all right. 19216811.bid
panorama charter com
uskeliye46

Post by uskeliye46 »

Do you click the "Modify" button in your first post and you have those errors? hellodear.in

teatv.ltd
Last edited by uskeliye46 on Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

uskeliye46 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:14 pm Do you click the "Modify" button in your first post and you have those errors?
What you talk about?
serith43

Post by serith43 »

i currently have ~4000 torrents in utorrent 2.2.1. i also have a similar amount of torrents in qbt 4.3.9. if i run this script, will i be able to differentiate the newly imported torrents from the ones that were already in the client so i know which ones to force a recheck on?
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

serith43 wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:43 pm i currently have ~4000 torrents in utorrent 2.2.1. i also have a similar amount of torrents in qbt 4.3.9. if i run this script, will i be able to differentiate the newly imported torrents from the ones that were already in the client so i know which ones to force a recheck on?
You will not able because they will have the same add dates as in utorrent. But you can tag (tags or labels) your torrents in qBittorrent before transfer and remove them later, I suppose
serith43

Post by serith43 »

rumanzo wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:03 pm
serith43 wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:43 pm i currently have ~4000 torrents in utorrent 2.2.1. i also have a similar amount of torrents in qbt 4.3.9. if i run this script, will i be able to differentiate the newly imported torrents from the ones that were already in the client so i know which ones to force a recheck on?
You will not able because they will have the same add dates as in utorrent. But you can tag (tags or labels) your torrents in qBittorrent before transfer and remove them later, I suppose
tagged all of my existing qbt torrents (so i could differentiate before & after import), backed up all data from utorrent & qbt directories, migration of 4000 torrents was successful! thank you so much for this app. i really didn't have it in me to manually re-home all of those torrents, but i'm happy to keep seeding them now :)
paanjii2

Post by paanjii2 »

Windows tool for migration from Deluge to qBittorrent - GitHub ... deluge2qbt is cli tool for export from uTorrent\Bittorrent into qBittorrent (convert).

myfiosgateway.com
mobdro
huge

Post by huge »

Will it work to run this tool in PowerShell with -s %APPDATA%\uTorrent\ -d [SomeDirectory], then copy the contents of [SomeDirectory] into something like C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\qBittorrent\BT_backup?

I ask because I have uT 2.2.1 running on an old Windows 10 machine & want to install QbT on a new Windows 10 box and then run QbT. The two Windows installations are currently dual-booting on different partitions of the same hard drive, so when I'm logged into the old system I don't have write access to %APPDATA etc files on the new system.

Also ... I'm unclear after reading the last few pages of replies in this thread whether the Moved/Relocated/Renamed files & folder issue has been solved. I have a *LOT* of torrents in uTorrent that have been entirely renamed and/or that have individual files (usually TV episodes) relocated.

Thanks in advance for any input/advice...
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

huge wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:15 pm Will it work to run this tool in PowerShell with -s %APPDATA%\uTorrent\ -d [SomeDirectory], then copy the contents of [SomeDirectory] into something like C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\qBittorrent\BT_backup?

I ask because I have uT 2.2.1 running on an old Windows 10 machine & want to install QbT on a new Windows 10 box and then run QbT. The two Windows installations are currently dual-booting on different partitions of the same hard drive, so when I'm logged into the old system I don't have write access to %APPDATA etc files on the new system.
Yes, it will works. But if I were you, I would run bt2qbt on new OS with defining old uTorrent folder from old AppData, or copied uTorrent folder as a source.
If you will run on your old system, so yes, you can just copy BT_BACKUP folder, but don't forget about categories.json if you use labels in utorrent.
huge wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:15 pm Also ... I'm unclear after reading the last few pages of replies in this thread whether the Moved/Relocated/Renamed files & folder issue has been solved. I have a *LOT* of torrents in uTorrent that have been entirely renamed and/or that have individual files (usually TV episodes) relocated.
All known issues have been fixed and tested. If you worried, you can change state of your torrents to stopped and check bt2qbt and qBittorrent, it should be safe.
bt2qbt itself can't change your uTorrent files or files outside defined destination directories. But qBittorrents after transfer with bt2qbt can start download unwanted files or don't recognise paths or something else, if transfer goes wrong on some reason (bug for example). But if state of torrents will be stopped and you will make force recheck - you definitely will see it and it should be safe as I say.

I think all will be fine. I haven't got any issues last few months since I covered code with tests.
huge

Post by huge »

rumanzo wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:33 pm
huge wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:15 pm I ask because I have uT 2.2.1 running on an old Windows 10 machine & want to install QbT on a new Windows 10 box and then run QbT. The two Windows installations are currently dual-booting on different partitions of the same hard drive, so when I'm logged into the old system I don't have write access to %APPDATA etc files on the new system.
Yes, it will works. But if I were you, I would run bt2qbt on new OS with defining old uTorrent folder from old AppData, or copied uTorrent folder as a source.
If you will run on your old system, so yes, you can just copy BT_BACKUP folder, but don't forget about categories.json if you use labels in utorrent.
huge wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:15 pm Also ... I'm unclear after reading the last few pages of replies in this thread whether the Moved/Relocated/Renamed files & folder issue has been solved. I have a *LOT* of torrents in uTorrent that have been entirely renamed and/or that have individual files (usually TV episodes) relocated.
All known issues have been fixed and tested. If you worried, you can change state of your torrents to stopped and check bt2qbt and qBittorrent, it should be safe.
bt2qbt itself can't change your uTorrent files or files outside defined destination directories. But qBittorrents after transfer with bt2qbt can start download unwanted files or don't recognise paths or something else, if transfer goes wrong on some reason (bug for example). But if state of torrents will be stopped and you will make force recheck - you definitely will see it and it should be safe as I say.

I think all will be fine. I haven't got any issues last few months since I covered code with tests.
THANKS for the quick reply!! That makes sense to run bt2qbt on the new system with a copied APPDATA uT folder. Is there something special I need to do with categories.json?

I relabeled all my seeding torrents from LABEL to s-LABEL - that way I can do the force-recheck on the ones I want to seed again in QbT and make sure I don't mess anything up. Here we go ... 4700 torrents with files spread out over several hard drives and network shares! I'll report back on level of success...