UI Lock Password

Post by dirtrider29 »

Q bittorrent will not run.

Always get UI Lock Password

have tried using admin and adminadmin

None of the above works.

any ideas to rectify the problem..

Thanks...

Have also looked for a txt file in the qbittorrent file folder that had information in regard to passwords, nothing found.
Gripweed107

Re: UI Lock Password

Post by Gripweed107 »

jewellstar3

Post by jewellstar3 »

I went to GitHub to learn how to get into qbittorrent after stupidly clicking that dumb lock, which I never made a password for.
I don't know where these things are to be found...

I can't kill or exit the program because it is locked....
1. Exit or kill qBittorrent process.

I do not know how to do the following...
2. Open the preference file with a text editor.
Gripweed107

Post by Gripweed107 »

I'm probably going to come across as a terrible person for being so brutally honest but if you don't know how to do such basic computing tasks, you aren't ready to take on a program as complex as qBittorrent. Start googling, buy some introductory computer books, do whatever it takes to get your computer knowledge up. I (or someone else) could easily give you the answers to the questions you ask just now but the next "how to boil water" questions to come along would stop you in your tracks again and again.
drkalo

Post by drkalo »

I really think that there should be a prompt before the app locks after pressing the padlock icon and no need to act humiliatingly on other users because they have been frustrated by the strange app behavior. After I fixed this issue for myself I started digging in settings to find where I can set this UI password because it is a nice feature after all. It's not in the options / settings. It's in the dropdown menu of the "VIEW" button in the top toolbar.