Reinstalled Windows

Windows specific questions, problems.
goonigoogoo

Reinstalled Windows

Post by goonigoogoo »

Hi everyone.

I recently reinstalled Windows 10, i had all my torrents on Drive E:\torrents - when i point everything in the options to there none of the torrents show. Is there a way to be able to see all the torrents i used to have in the UI or i have to start from scratch?
PriitUring

Re: Reinstalled Windows

Post by PriitUring »

You're supposed to backup these qBittorrent folders and qBittorrent would resume where you left it before:

Link to qBittorrent WIKi FAQ page:
https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorr ... s_settings

If you can't see appdata folder, then you can open File Explorer settings and enable showing hidden files and folders or search for RUN after opening Start Menu or just right click on your Windows start menu icon, select RUN and copy paste these and press enter key or OK on screen to open these:
1. %APPDATA%\qBittorrent
2. %LOCALAPPDATA%\qBittorrent

By default Windows should keep Windows.old folder for only 10 days to revert any changes, there would have been users and appdata folder to get all previous Windows qBittorrent important folders.

If no Windows.old or backup of qBittorrent folders, then you can try Watched Folders feature in qBittorrent to automatically add only *.torrent files that you had saved somewhere.