SOLVED: 4.5.2 won't install on Windows 11 Pro

Windows specific questions, problems.
UglyStuff

SOLVED: 4.5.2 won't install on Windows 11 Pro

Post by UglyStuff »

Hi everyone,

I hadn't used qBT in a while, but when I fired it up this morning (it's morning where I live), it told me a new 4.5.2 version was available and would I like to download it. I said OK, and was directed to FOSS Hub for download.

Download went fine, but when I tried to install, just after the installer finished unpacking, I got this error message:

I clicked OK, hoping install would proceed anyway, but of course it didn't. I tried with different install packages from the same download page at FOSS Hub, with the same result.

Problem is, prior to trying to install the new version, the qBT installer uninstalled the previous version, so lo and behold, I'm now without qBT at all... :(

Have some of you already encountered that error, and how did you solve the issue? qBT is my favorite soft for that kind of use, and I don't want to revert to using other programs if I can avoid it.

Additionally, I recently updated my Windows 11 Pro to the so-called "Moment 2" version. Could this have to do with that?
Last edited by UglyStuff on Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UglyStuff

Re: 4.5.2 won't install on Windows 11 Pro

Post by UglyStuff »

Problem solved: turns out the installer doesn't like to find a FAT-formatted pagefile inside a FAT-formatted RAM disk.

I disabled the pagefile, retried to install qBT and voilà !
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Re: SOLVED: 4.5.2 won't install on Windows 11 Pro

Post by Nemo »

Thanks for writing the ''fix'' down for others who might experiencing the same.