Linux - total loss of torrents and config after filesystem full

Linux specific questions, problems.
btmrx

Linux - total loss of torrents and config after filesystem full

Post by btmrx »

Hi guys,
I guess I ran into the biggest problem possible. I am using qbittorrent-nox ("qBittorrent v4.2.5 Web UI (64-bit)") without docker. Here is what happened (to the best of my recollection):
  • I wanted to relocate a torrent in the UI into another nfs-mounted volume. But instead of the linux-path (/var/media/...) I pasted the windows path with drive letter (like "M:\media\..."). qbit then decided to move the files to the "/root"-home-directory with the filename 'M:\media\foobarfilename'. Since I never had any situation like that, I have long abandoned making "/home" a seperate partition. Thus, moving the torrent-content ended up filling up my root (/) partition.
  • At this point, I shutdown qbittorrent (process) and just deleted the directory "/root/M:\foobarfilename". I restarted qbit and it did not do as expected. I rechecked the filesystem fill grade, and it was (still/again) at 100%.
  • So I shut qbit down again, and rebooted the server, thinking that some process was holding on to the files I had just deleted, so that the space could not be freed.
  • At this point something else happened: for some reason, not all of my NAS-nfs-mounts worked.
  • After the reboot, the FS was still full (full again). I suppose that qbittorrent at this point had already lost all its configuration and partially the fastresume data. It created a folder "Downloads" in my "/root"-home and started to allocate files there. I did not notice that at first, so I added another 4GB to the root-volume with LVM. I could watch it fill up again.
  • Qbit-Web-UI greeted my with a login prompt, something I did not recall ever seeing. Since I could not login, I killed the qbit-process. In the background, Qbit had apparently also allocated space in the mount-point(-directories). When I did a "mount -a", I mounted my nfs-shares over the space wasted in the mount-points in my "/"-partition.
  • At this point I stopped qbit and started the cleaning by moving the data to a holding space on another nfs-share.
  • When I was done, I started the qbittorrent-nox again on the command line, and was greeted again with a user login in the qbit-web-UI. I logged in with the credentials I found on the web.
  • I was greeted with Web-UI without any torrents, any categories, any tags. Also, the configuration appeared to be a Vanilla-off-the-shelf-config, and nothing of mine was left.
  • The qb-logs however were being written, and the file-modification-times (in "~/.local/share/data/qBittorrent/BT_backup") were partially updated. The UI however stayed empty.
So that is where I am now. I do have a good number "*.fastresume" and "*.torrent" left in ".local/share/data/qBittorrent/BT_backup". There are these 5 directories there:

Code: Select all

root:~/.local/share/data/qBittorrent# du -sh *
91M     BT_backup
8.2M    GeoDB
2.3M    logs
216K    nova3
8.0K    rss
But I cannot seem to revive the interface:
  • If I add a regular ".torrent"-file that I had in my download-folder, nothing happens.
  • If I add a freshly downloaded, regular ".torrent"-file, nothing happens.
In both cases the UI stays empty.

Is there any way I can resurrect this? And if not, what clean-up is there to do?

Thank you, any help appreciated.
Cheers!
btmrx

Re: Linux - total loss of torrents and config after filesystem full

Post by btmrx »

Hi again,
let me add this: I have found out
  • that the UI remains empty, but the torrents are active (but leeching). I found that on the related web site.
  • if I "nuke" the config under "~/.config/qBittorrent", it recreates an empty config there. But the UI still stays empty.
So, what do I do to recreate a Vanilla-config so that the Web-UI comes back?
Thank you all!