Categories and paths

Other platforms, generic questions.
skiff101

Categories and paths

Post by skiff101 »

Hi, could someone please offer some advice on configuring categories and paths? Here's the scenario.

I have a watched folder where torrent files are dropped, and qBittorrent is configured to pick then up and put them in the queue in a paused state. From there, I want to have two categories I can assign to torrents sitting in my queue.

The first category will store incomplete !qB files on a local drive and move completed files to a shared network location when the torrent is completed.

The second will store both incomplete !qB files and completed files in a shared network location.

The idea is that smaller downloads are downloaded locally and moved to the shared location when ready, while very big downloads which are too large for the local drive are moved to the network location as soon as they are started.

I've set up categories with appropriate paths, then added torrents and set the appropriate category, but the second category type just doesn't seem to work. qBittorrent just downloads using local drive and then moves the torrent contents to the network share when completed.

Can someone let me know where I'm going wrong.