installation problem

Linux specific questions, problems.
nerikara

installation problem

Post by nerikara »

Hello everyone, I'm a novice user, and I wanted to add a repository, but get a notification. here is the conclusion from the beginning:

Code: Select all

jeka@htpc:~$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:qbittorrent-team/qbittorrent-stable
 Packages for the stable series of qBittorrent
 More info: https://launchpad.net/~qbittorrent-team/+archive/ubuntu/qbittorrent-stable
Press [ENTER] to continue or ctrl-c to cancel adding it

gpg: создан щит с ключами '/tmp/tmp16v0nljk/pubring.gpg'
gpg: /tmp/tmp16v0nljk/trustdb.gpg: создана таблица доверия
gpg: ключ D35164147CA69FC4: импортирован открытый ключ "Launchpad PPA for qBittorrent Team"
gpg: Всего обработано: 1
gpg:                  импортировано: 1
Warning: apt-key is deprecated. Manage keyring files in trusted.gpg.d instead (see apt-key(8)).
gpg: не найдено данных формата OpenPGP.

E: Repository "http://ppa.launchpad.net/qbittorrent-team/qbittorrent-stable/ubuntu mantic Release" does not contain a Release file.
N: Updating from this repository cannot be done in a secure way, so it is disabled by default.
N: For information about creating a repository and user settings, see the apt-secure(8) help page.

как мне исправить ошибку ? спасибо. пробовал самостоятельно решить проблему но решения так и не нашо касательно проекта торент
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: installation problem

Post by Peter »

The PPA does not contain a release for your Ubuntu version (mantic, 23.10) yet. You can use the repository version meanwhile. You can also compile the latest version, it's really not that big of a deal if you've ever done it before. You don't really need the latest version, unless you run the -nox/webUI/headless version.

Ps: Unreleased Ubuntu versions are not supported; Mantic will only release in October, it's far far away.
alexVPN

Post by alexVPN »

To bring this back on the menu again, I just updated to mantic (23.10) and i cannot start my installed version 4.5.2 at all, and there is no update available at all. What to do now?

Error message when trying to start 4.5.2. from terminal:
$ qbittorrent
qbittorrent: symbol lookup error: qbittorrent: undefined symbol: _ZNK10libtorrent14torrent_handle11add_trackerERKNS_4v1_214announce_entryE
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

23.04 is not supported by the PPA.
So if you had the PPA version added, make sure you remove it and then install the repo version.