qBittorrent doesn't shutdown

Windows specific questions, problems.
Ranaa

qBittorrent doesn't shutdown

Post by Ranaa »

Hello,
On both 10 & 11, after closing the application, it remains in the taskbar notification area till PC restart or signing in again. And sometimes, if the application is closed after a download completion (exiting works sometimes), and later opened again, any sort of new download will not work, will have to restart the PC for the torrent file to work.

It happens even after updates and reinstallation.

How to fix it?

Thank you.
Fuga
Veteran
Veteran

Re: qBittorrent doesn't shutdown

Post by Fuga »

Similar happens too often on a Mac. Same with BiglyBT. To solve I simply started waiting several minutes, like 5-10, between stopping all torrents and quitting qBittorrent. Has worked 100% for both clients since starting the waiting.

Kind of a PITA if you need to leave immediately. In those instances I 'Force Quit' (doing something in Task Manager? - been years since I used Windows). No repercussions.
Ranaa

Post by Ranaa »

Fuga wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:53 pm Similar happens too often on a Mac. Same with BiglyBT. To solve I simply started waiting several minutes, like 5-10, between stopping all torrents and quitting qBittorrent. Has worked 100% for both clients since starting the waiting.

Kind of a PITA if you need to leave immediately. In those instances I 'Force Quit' (doing something in Task Manager? - been years since I used Windows). No repercussions.
I'll try the waiting thing next time. The 'Force Quite' in the task manager doesn't work for me. Interestingly, I have a very earlier version install files in a folder in another drive, which used to work well, and without upgrading it still works without any issues that came with the newer versions.
matrix15

Post by matrix15 »

The same problem happened to me after exiting qBittorrent. The icon on the task bar cannot be closed no matter how and for how long. This means that qBittorrent is still running in the background. I solved the problem in a simple way. Right-click the qBittorrent icon in the notification area and select Close (or Exit I don't really remember). And here's the clue; Reopen the qBittorrent app and wait a moment. Bingo, then the icon on the taskbar will disappear and at the same time the application will also close by itself. At that time, the app didn't really show up, it apparently detected the app was still running and closed it by itself.