4.5.0 color scheme is... ugh

Windows specific questions, problems.
hazardass

Re: 4.5.0 color scheme is... ugh

Post by hazardass »

Nemo wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:03 am Maybe we can put this personal tastes aside and probably get a definite solution for this so everyone can get its own changes done to the gui if you want rainbow or dark colors, its being worked on;

https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/pull/18655

This way using themes and changing different colors will be much easier.
For the love of dog, that will be so nice!
poley

Post by poley »

Just updated qBittorrent to the latest version from v4.4.5 and the new UI is a big shock! It's so damn ugly with the big bright icons . I reverted back to v4.4.5 straight away.
kiwichick888

Post by kiwichick888 »

poley wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:29 pm Just updated qBittorrent to the latest version from v4.4.5 and the new UI is a big shock! It's so damn ugly with the big bright icons . I reverted back to v4.4.5 straight away.
I don't mind the icons as much as I do the fonts. Queued for completed downloads and Queued for torrents waiting to download use exactly the same colour which I think is silly. And some of them are so close in colour it's confusing (eg: green for one and a slightly lighter green for another). I don't understand why it isn't possible to choose our own colours in Options.
inchhain

Post by inchhain »

I join too. Very bright icons - hard on my eyes. The previous design theme was almost perfect. It would be wonderful to add an option to just choose in settings, the former design theme (including icons).
teatv

download apk
kitrana

Post by kitrana »

Peter wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:14 am
kitrana wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:35 am
Peter wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:34 pm

Custom UI themes has been added a long time ago. qBittorrent supports themes. You just have to find one you like, and load it into the program via Settings.
I tried using one. according to qbittorrent's own site on this, you just grab the theme file and load it in the client right? i tried that and it did absolutely nothing.
- Download the qbt theme file
- Open qBittorrent, go into settings, select the file
- Restart qBittorrent

It works mine, I just messed around with them on 4.5.2 when I made that post. Though I like the original 4.5.2 look.
these are the instructions on qbittorrents page on the custom ui stuff i tried that and it did not work. as i said on my original post about this.
miracles

Post by miracles »

Hello!

Just now saw there's a new update 4.5.3.
Is the color scheme the same as 4.5.0 or has it been changed?
I so very much hope it has...
duf666

Post by duf666 »

I don't think... :-\

Tabmu

Post by Tabmu »

Although not mentioned in the changelog, I do see that the colour of the progress bars has changed from the Windows highlighted colour to the Windows accent colour now.
groovedog

Post by groovedog »

I'm still on 4.4.4. Do I dare to upgrade to 4.5.3, or is the new GUI (icons & colors) still horrible? ???

It would be great if someone could provide a (privacy-adjusted) screenshot or two, so to know what to expect. ;)
miracles

Post by miracles »

groovedog wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:15 am It would be great if someone could provide a (privacy-adjusted) screenshot or two, so to know what to expect. ;)
+1
That would be great!
ugurkahriman

Post by ugurkahriman »

groovedog wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:15 am I'm still on 4.4.4. Do I dare to upgrade to 4.5.3, or is the new GUI (icons & colors) still horrible? ???

It would be great if someone could provide a (privacy-adjusted) screenshot or two, so to know what to expect. ;)

Unfortunately, nothing has changed :-\

P.S. I'm still using version 4.4.5. I used the portable version for this screenshot.
xtemp09

Post by xtemp09 »

Is there a counterpart to qBittorrent? I use 4.4.5 and don't really want to update. So far I'm good, but, of course, later or sooner I'll have to update to something else. Is there a torrent client similar to look-and-feel of qBittorrent 4.4.5?
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

xtemp09 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:11 am Is there a counterpart to qBittorrent? I use 4.4.5 and don't really want to update. So far I'm good, but, of course, later or sooner I'll have to update to something else. Is there a torrent client similar to look-and-feel of qBittorrent 4.4.5?
Lol it's just colors. And you can use color schemes. And a new theme/color editor is coming in the new version.

Definition: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio ... n-a-teacup
groovedog

Post by groovedog »

ugurkahriman wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:36 am Unfortunately, nothing has changed :-\

P.S. I'm still using version 4.4.5. I used the portable version for this screenshot.
Brilliant, thanks. :)

(It was not easy to find an up-to-date screenshot online!) Smart move to use the portable version. It looks pretty... how to say this nicely, absent of pretty. :) I understood that the fonts and font coloring has gotten very non-functional as well...

I'll wait for the next version, as @Peter says it's supposed to have custom color (alternative skins?) support.
groovedog

Post by groovedog »

Peter wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:09 pm
xtemp09 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:11 am Is there a counterpart to qBittorrent? I use 4.4.5 and don't really want to update. So far I'm good, but, of course, later or sooner I'll have to update to something else. Is there a torrent client similar to look-and-feel of qBittorrent 4.4.5?
Lol it's just colors. And you can use color schemes. And a new theme/color editor is coming in the new version.

Definition: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio ... n-a-teacup
Great, thanks for the info about the next version. :D

Relatively speaking, I can definitely agree that it's "a storm in a teacup" and "not important". And if you're not very interested in or have an eye for it, I understand that "it's just colors". But if 60 years of computer software development has taught us anything about colors, graphics and fonts, it's that UX design does matter. (A lot – I mean just look at this thread! :) ) UX design is not merely about things just being pretty, it's about form supporting function.

What's fascinating me the most is situations where people take stuff that works and change it for the worse... but as I mentioned, not everyone has an eye for these things. The skills of software developers usually lie elsewhere. :)

It's a brilliant piece of software, nonetheless!