Multi Session VPN for slow VPN providers

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.
kraven

Multi Session VPN for slow VPN providers

Post by kraven »

NordVPN allows for 6 simultaneous sessions, but typically maxes out at around 200mbps download.

Many FTTP providers offer 1000mbps download, but I'm not able to max out the connection due to NordVPN bandwidth limitations on individual servers.

If qBittorrent had a built-in OpenVPN client, and was able to open 5 sessions simultaneously and then load balance the torrent pieces across the sessions, it should be possible to max out downloads speeds, even where VPN providers can't accommodate 1000gbps against a single VPN server.

I can open 5 VPN sessions using Asus Merlin and the VPN Director, but it's not able to load balance the connections, only use one at a time as failover.

Any thoughts ?
fasgya30

Re: Multi Session VPN for slow VPN providers

Post by fasgya30 »

I don't think you've read the post properly. These are users using their choice of VPN on their personal device. Providing a corporate VPN does nothing, unless OP is willing to limit access to corporate resources via VPN only. In which case they'll need to purchase licenses for ALL users. Not worth it just to stop 10 users from using their own VPN. pikashow
ppsspp emulator