rarbg shutdown and removing their tracker URLs.

Other platforms, generic questions.
rdalek

rarbg shutdown and removing their tracker URLs.

Post by rdalek »

Howdy all,

As I suspect a lot of people here are aware, rarbg recently shutdown. Sadly, it seems they also shutdown all the tracker sites as well. I'm sure a lot of other people also used that site and have noticed what I've noticed. Those trackers are no longer working. I recently reset everything so I'm kind of starting fresh but I've already noticed that a lot of torrents have several rarbg trackers. Is there a way to disable those without editing each individual torrent tracker list? I've looked in preferences and I can't find a way to block them that is obvious. I think I found where you block someone from downloading but not trackers.

I'd also like to be able to remove them as I add torrents to if that needs to be done separately. I just don't like the idea of doing this to hundreds of torrents already readded or the 1,400 or so I got left to add.

Anyone know of a way to do this? If not, the only way I know of is to do it in my hosts file but that isn't very efficient either.

Thanks.
Tech101

Re: rarbg shutdown and removing their tracker URLs.

Post by Tech101 »

I had no idea that rarbg was shut down, how did u find out and is there some sites that inform u of torrent type news??
rdalek

Post by rdalek »

I was actually searching for something else and noticed it on a sidebar. I clicked on it and read that it was down. I checked my tab where I have rarbg parked and sure enough, it had a message that they shut down. Some good news, I just checked and it is back up again. Maybe they moved to a country where it was cheaper, someone bought it, they had a influx of volunteers or they just couldn't go without their site. This is one site that talks about it.

https://dataconomy.com/2023/06/01/rarbg ... s-torrent/

I'm not sure why it is back up yet but glad to see it back. I use a lot of sites, sometimes for the same torrent since I can add additional trackers which helps not only to download but also to give back. Still, I like to have as many tools as I can. Some torrents are hard to get.

Since it is back up, no need to remove trackers for it.
rdalek

Post by rdalek »

As a update, the site I found is not rarbg. It appears it is a fake someone put up. This is the url. www2.rarbggo.to This is why I couldn't find anything on the site coming back up.

For those who made use of rarbg, I'd be cautious of any site attempting to look like it.
bob2306

Post by bob2306 »

Lots of torrent have trackers that don't work; I don't see what difference it makes.