Super spiky downloads!

Other platforms, generic questions.
hu4d

Super spiky downloads!

Post by hu4d »

Hey all just made an account here as a last resort, after a full Sunday of Googling stuff

Below is a screenshot of what my downloads look like basically all the time
Screenshot 2023-06-25 202802.png
Screenshot 2023-06-25 202802.png (39.72 KiB) Viewed 628 times

FIrst off, my environment: Windows 10 on a slightly outdated repurposed gaming PC (16GB RAM, Ryzen 5 1600), using a single 8TB HDD as my 'deep storage' but have a 1TB NVME for applications. Running qBittorrernt 4.5.3, AirVPN, Plex/Sonarr/Radarr, and 1.2gig down

Now that's out of the way, what's up with my damn downloads? They simply will not stay consistent. As far as I can tell (And I don't know jack about sh*t), it's a caching issue with my harddrive. The poor thing is at like, 100MBps read constantly, with write jumping around from 0 to 100. It's always at 100% usage according to Windows though. I've ruled out my VPN as the issue: I can consistently get a couple hundred Mbits/s out of it in any other application. I've also found that violently jumping around the Disk Cache setting every now and then can get some wacky results: If I set it to '-1 (auto)' I'll get like, bits per seconds downloads. If I then go and set it to '8192 MiBs', it jumps up to like, ~20MiB/s for a little, before falling back to the KiB/s range. Repeating this pattern is actually getting me better download speeds LOL
See below for an example
Screenshot 2023-06-25 205522.png
Screenshot 2023-06-25 205522.png (35.6 KiB) Viewed 628 times

So does anybody have any ideas about this? I've read about a hundred old threads today, but this onehttps://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/12336 in particular seemed to describe the issue best, while also not solving it at all for me :(

Any help is greatly, greatly appreciated