Concerns between qBittorrent & GreedyTorrent

Windows specific questions, problems.
LeCee

Concerns between qBittorrent & GreedyTorrent

Post by LeCee »

Hello,

I would very much like to use GreedyTorrent with qBittorent but no way.

I put 127.0.0.1 but also LocalHost in http, but nothing changes... I don't see any communication between GreedyTorrent and qBittorrent but also the torrent that I download is systematically blocked on qBittorrent...

If you have a solution, I'm really interested... Thank you!

Cordially,
Gripweed107

Re: Concerns between qBittorrent & GreedyTorrent

Post by Gripweed107 »

You are nuts to use that. You should be happy that you can't get it to work. It's hard enough to get on desirable private trackers and you want to throw it all away by falsifying your upload ratio? BitTorrent site operators aren't stupid, you'll be banned in a very short time.
LeCee

Post by LeCee »

Thank you for your reply,

That said, when you don't have a super good connection it helps... Either way, I'm doing nothing wrong since I let my torrents download on my torrent client. In fact, the only difference is that if I didn't use this famous tool, I would be banned in this case, or else I would have to pay not to be.

In my current case, I do the same. I leave my torrents so that the community can also download them and in return, I don't have to checkout to be able to download.

And besides, I've been using this tool for more than 10 years now and I've never had any problems with any tracker...
Gripweed107

Post by Gripweed107 »

You ARE doing something wrong. You are committing fraud. That program is somehow fooling the tracker into giving your account more upload credit than it deserves and you are aware of that because you say you will be banned if it didn't. I guess the proverb "There is no honor among thieves" holds true here.
Unless the site is extremely liberal all private Bittorrent trackers are difficult to get started on. There are pages and pages of tips on the Internet explaining how to get through that period and to succeed. Once you have established a good ratio, unless you are greedy and stupid, it becomes easy to maintain a good ratio. My personal favorite method to get started is to give a reasonable donation in return for GBs. Once that puts me ahead of the game I have no trouble building on it because I am neither greedy nor stupid.
I'm sorry to hear that you have gotten away with this fraud for the past 10 years. I have no problem saying that I hope you get caught and get banned from every site you are on.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

This has been a decade old "trick" and it's OK.

My friend was doing this like... 10 years ago?
He would start a torrent, remove the tracker from it, and just get the data from peers. Once downloaded, he put the tracker back in.

Ratio is not keeping these sites alive folks. Ratio is obsolete.

Then again, if someone can afford it a seedbox is just easier. You can buffer up enough data for a lifetime in a day, like many do.