Upload problems, What am I missing

Windows specific questions, problems.
sneakysos

Upload problems, What am I missing

Post by sneakysos »

Hello there,

Long term user of qbittorrent.
I have around 200 torrents from 20kb to 800GiB in size.
My connection is roughly 1000/1000.

Download speeds are maxed out and work great.
Uploading speeds are often fine, popular files are uploading at around 100KiB/s up to 8MiB/s if i am in there early.

So what's the issue?
Well - i can't work out why out of 200 or so torrents why are only 10 or so (often less) uploading at the same time.
Is it just luck of the draw and yeah that's how torrents work? It just seems odd I can't (ever) have say 30 uploading at one time I think max i have seen is 12.
From my config I can't see any limits set on anything. Everything is unlimited, all limits are off. The same happens if i VPN or do not. The same happens if i use TCP only or not. Just seems odd.

Anyone got any suggestions of things to look at or is it just the way it is ?
rough

Re: Upload problems, What am I missing

Post by rough »

Hey
Im in the same boat as you, max upload speed that i've seen is around 11mib/s, though my connection is 1000/100
Any fix ? I dont want to try another bt app...
Gripweed107

Post by Gripweed107 »

Your screenshot shows 11.5 MiB/s, not 11.5 Mib/s. Big difference. Roughly 8X more.
11.5 MiB/s = 12.05862 MB/s
Internet companies measure speed in Mb/s
12.05862 MB/s = 101.155 Mb/s
You are actually uploading at slightly over your promised 100 Mb/s.
No need to complain.
terrytw

Post by terrytw »

First of all, try some really new and hot torrents from a public tracker, see if you can max the 1000 upload speed.

Maybe it is just difficult to upload because nobody is downloading. Very typical if you are on a private tracker, where everyone is fighting to get more uploads, some of these people will use seedboxes which makes it more difficult to everyone else.

If you are still not able to max your upload with some new torrents from public trackers, then it is usually because of disk IO issues. Try looking into that direction.