The stable deb package for Ubuntu did not update to version 4.6.0 (released on October 22). More information in the post

Linux specific questions, problems.
alfa234

The stable deb package for Ubuntu did not update to version 4.6.0 (released on October 22). More information in the post

Post by alfa234 »

Hello I am new to the forum and I tell you the case of the .deb package, I use Ubuntu 22.04.03 Lts, and I have the .deb package installed (with stable repository of qBitorrent since March (Which corresponded to Sunday Feb 12th 2023 - qBittorrent v4.5.1 release) at this time the package . deb package I have installed is version 4.5.5 which corresponds to (Tue Aug 29th 2023 - qBittorrent v4.5.5 and v4.6.0RC2 release), in it I read the following taken from the official website of qBitorrent "This will be the last release of the v4.5.x series. Users running the Qt5 edition will not be notified for new updates if they are running on older Windows versions than Windows 10.
For the Windows and macOS builds Qt 6.4.3 is deliberately used, because Qt 6.5 is unstable on macOS and has theming issues on Windows." The article only talks about windows, and mac, but does not specify, if it is also true for Linux (as it is the latest 4.5.x) and that there will be no more updates.

On the other hand, it is curious that the version for app image packages is in 4.6.0.
https://www.qbittorrent.org/download if you see in downloads of the page there it says it. But if we go to the ppa stable for Ubuntu, this comes out the 4.5.5, I leave link to the ppa of qbitorrent for Ubuntu stable version

https://launchpad.net/~qbittorrent-team ... ent-stable you will see that the date is August 30, 2023.

And to conclude I also have a minipc with ubuntu 20.04 Lts, and I wanted to install the deb package, everything went well I have put the
the deb package, everything went well, I put the commands in the terminal according to the qbitorrent website and installed. All perfect with the caveat that the version is 4.3.9, which corresponds to Sunday 31st October 2021 - qBittorrent v4.3.9 and v4.4.0rc1 release

My question is, the deb package will be updated, I say this because the 4.5.5 version of the deb package includes the following

qt: 5.15.3
libtorrent: 2.0.9.0
boost: 1.74.0
OpenSSL: 3.0.2
zlib: 1.2.11

These data are obviously those that have my qbitorrent in .deb. package in Ubuntu 22.04.03 Lts

Summarizing the package will be updated, as the appimage if it is, or it will happen as in windows and mac, that the 4.5.X, will no longer have updates and I would also like to know, if in Ubuntu 20.04, that version in deb package, will be updated or stay there frozen in the 4.3.9.

Postadata: I don't have the qBitorrent deb package, because when I installed it in March before putting the deb, I saw the qBitorrent page and the app image was 1 version lower than the deb, that's why I use the .deb package, but now it turns out that it's the other way around.

Any idea or solution, sorry for the long text, but I needed to explain myself.

Best regards.