Search engine not available

Windows specific questions, problems.
windman

Search engine not available

Post by windman »

This morning I open Qbittorrent and it requested a updtate wich I did, after that the python version was updated, after that the search engine bar was not there, I activated thru the view menu, then it says Python 3.6.6 is outdated and ask to install 3.7.0, wich I did says yes, a window open for install for close fast without updating . I restard the cuputer without success. I removed qbittorrent and reinstall and same again, I cannot see the search engine
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Search engine not available

Post by Peter »

- close all qbittorrents
- remove all python installations ( no need to touch qb )
- reboot
- start qb again, open search
- it will ask you to install one, let it do that

it should work after this
Gripweed107

Post by Gripweed107 »

The only potential problem I see is that Python 3.7 is also outdated already. Wouldn't it be better to install 3.12, the currently active Python, and not have to worry about it for a few years?
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Gripweed107 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:41 am The only potential problem I see is that Python 3.7 is also outdated already. Wouldn't it be better to install 3.12, the currently active Python, and not have to worry about it for a few years?
Sadly Python is not like that. Each release breaks a few things. So upgrading to a way newer can also mean trouble. I wish Python wasn't like that, but it is.