Consistant BSODs while trying to download content

Windows specific questions, problems.
WolvenSpectre

Consistant BSODs while trying to download content

Post by WolvenSpectre »

I have been a long term user of qBittorrent and haven't been using it lately because of illness.

There was a major update that was installed through Chocolatey, which is where I have been getting and using qBittorrent to make updating easier.

This is where I run into my problem. I consistently get BSOD when ever I try to download anything 1 at a time and it gives me a Kernel Heap Error (0x000013a IIRC). I have tried just about everything.
  • Reinstalling qBittorrent with Chocolatey
  • Manually Downloading and Reinstalling
  • Manually Downloading and Reinstalling my VPN
  • Manually Downloading and Installing the known good previous version
  • Using Snappy Driver Installer Origin to make sure I have the latest drivers installed
  • Running Checkdisk/DISM/System File Checker (Yes bad files were found but fixed and it didn't help)
  • Microsoft Memory Diagnostic (No problem found)
  • Memory is running under spec and worked for the RAM and MTx86+ says its good
  • Refreshed Windows 10 (saved files and programs) and still no good
What happens is that the download reaches a better and better performance as it finds better sources and it is like it hits tilt without hitting local or VPN network bandwidths, and something it has done upteen times before without a sweat. Then Bluescreen. It hasn't done it once and I found that was because it had a restricted port address that kept it from hitting that performance. But even then when I try to duplicate (start qBittorrent before my VPN) it isn't always going to happen and it will more often than not Bluescreen.

There are probably a couple of things I have tried that I have not mentioned and I cannot think of right now.

Any help or a fix would be MUCH appreciated as this is driving me right round the bend.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Consistant BSODs while trying to download content

Post by Peter »

- Check RAM through memtest86. The Windows memory test is garbage.
- Check HWINFO, see if it has any WHEA errors listed (scroll down in sensors view to bottom).
- Run Prime95 and see if it throws up any errors. Mixed mode, default settings are good. MAKE SURE YOUR COOLING IS ADEQUATE!
WolvenSpectre

Post by WolvenSpectre »

Check RAM through memtest86. The Windows memory test is garbage.
As posted above it passes Memtestx86+. I ran the Microsoft Tool as I know it already passes to see if it matches because it is listed specifically in several fix Kernel Heap Error walkthroughs.

No WHEA errors in HWInfo or in the Activity Monitor.

And would a program I have literally used for years on the same hardware suddenly not have enough cooling for it to work even when I installed the previous version?
WolvenSpectre

Post by WolvenSpectre »

UPDATE
OK... I think I just found out what it is.

I went into the SPAM folder of my account looking for something else and found a bunch of emails(been sick so haven't been keeping up) from my VPN. I Looked at one and a payment did not go through because I am changing credit cards. It usually lets you know it is coming up in the client, but whatever it is doing to close off its VPN is crashing my PC (I think). Weird it never did this before.

Sorry for the post. It is apparently my fault.