Torrents arranged alphabetically is not wanted

Windows specific questions, problems.
thalron

Torrents arranged alphabetically is not wanted

Post by thalron »

Up until recently my torrents were numbered, with the first one added being 1, the second added numbered 2, and so on. The most recently added were put at the end of the list. Having the numbers let me sort by anything I wanted and then return the list to the order things were added. At some point the numbers vanished and I don't know if I did that or it was a new version (I hadn't the opportunity to try and fix that).

Earlier today I had some weird connection issue and during the diagnostics I uninstalled qB, downloaded the current version and reinstalled. The torrents continue to be not numbered but now the torrents are being listed in alphabetical order. Also, completed torrents no longer drop to the end of the list like it used to. I'm guessing that the non-alphabetic and the completed torrents not going to the end is the same issue.

I went thru all eight qB option menus (changed a few settings along the way, the destination folders) but did not find how to have qB use numbered torrents and the newest added to the bottom again, not alphabetically.

Can someone point me to a faq, or something?

Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Torrents arranged alphabetically is not wanted

Post by Peter »

1) Right click the column names and "#" is what you are looking for I believe
2) I'd just enable Added On or Completed On (same place) and rely on that; this way you'd have them in a chronological order

Good luck.
bob2306

Post by bob2306 »

This is probably just a coincidence, but the a similar thing has happened to me several times in the last few weeks. The tick-box Preferences>BitTorrent>"Torrent Queuing" has become unchecked. This causes the "#" field to disappear completely from the list of column headers. In this state all of the torrents are active.

I have been editing preferences quite a lot, so it's possible I'm just being clumsy.
thalron

Post by thalron »

Peter wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:55 am 1) Right click the column names and "#" is what you are looking for I believe
2) I'd just enable Added On or Completed On (same place) and rely on that; this way you'd have them in a chronological order
Thanks for the reply. the # is not in the [rather long] choice list. Added On is a great idea - I hadn't thought of that!
thalron

Post by thalron »

bob2306 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:34 am The tick-box Preferences>BitTorrent>"Torrent Queuing" has become unchecked.
Having the box for Tools/Options/Torrent Queueing checked added the # column back - thanks!!!
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

thalron wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:17 pm
Peter wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:55 am 1) Right click the column names and "#" is what you are looking for I believe
Thanks for the reply. the # is not in the [rather long] choice list. Added On is a great idea - I hadn't thought of that!
For the # to appear, you have to enable Torrent Queuing in settings as bob recommended. :)