Torrent not downloading

Windows specific questions, problems.
Limpopoboy

Torrent not downloading

Post by Limpopoboy »

Hi

I am a little confused. Sometimes I see plenty of seeders available and leechers for that matter but my magnetic torrent will not download. I try forcing but still nothing. What can cause this? I switched my VPN on and off but the same.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Torrent not downloading

Post by Peter »

Limpopoboy wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:48 am...
let my lazy ass self just GPT this:

Firewall or Antivirus Interference: Your firewall or antivirus software might be blocking qBittorrent. Make sure qBittorrent is added to the list of exceptions in your firewall and antivirus settings.

VPN Compatibility: Not all VPNs are compatible with torrenting. Some VPNs might block torrent traffic or might not support port forwarding, which is essential for torrenting. Ensure that your VPN is torrent-friendly and supports port forwarding.

Port Forwarding: If your network's router is not set up for port forwarding, it might hinder your ability to connect to seeders. Check your router settings and ensure that the port used by qBittorrent is forwarded correctly.

Torrent Health: Sometimes, the number of seeders and leechers can be misleading. A torrent might have seeders, but they may not be sharing the file actively. Try downloading a torrent known to have a high number of active seeders to test this.

ISP Throttling: Some Internet Service Providers (ISPs) throttle or block torrent traffic. Using a VPN can sometimes circumvent this, but not always, especially if the ISP is very strict about torrenting.

qBittorrent Settings: Incorrect settings in qBittorrent can also cause issues. Make sure the settings for maximum upload and download rates are not set too low. Also, check if the maximum number of active torrents or connections is not too restricted.

Magnet Link Issues: Occasionally, magnet links might not work properly. Try downloading the torrent file instead of using the magnet link, if available.

Software Bugs or Updates: Ensure that you are using the latest version of qBittorrent, as software bugs can cause issues with downloading.

Addendum:
- You can use this to make magnets into torrents; https://magnet2torrent.com/
- You can use this list: https://github.com/ngosang/trackerslist ... rs_all.txt
and put it into Settings, Bittorrent, and it'll automatically get added to new public torrents. You can also add them by hand to existing ones. This should help a LOT. this list is updated automatically, so sometimes it's worth it to replace the list in your settings.