About NAT Status strict/close

Windows specific questions, problems.
mimshad18

About NAT Status strict/close

Post by mimshad18 »

How to switch NAT status from strict/close to Open?
whenever I upload any new torrent file, its NAT status always shows strict/close! even if anyone tries to download, they can't until a NAT open user downloads it first! if you know about this/ever suffered from this issue or you have any real solution then please answer in detail. There is an attached picture for better understanding.
Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-12-28 011910.png
Screenshot 2023-12-28 011910.png (33.82 KiB) Viewed 575 times
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: About NAT Status strict/close

Post by Peter »

I'll just copy my reply from other topic:

- Do your port forward by hand. Make sure your router's port forward is set up and your PC is getting the IP you forward to.
How? Youtube has tutorials but in a nutshell...
-- look for static DHCP, you have to add your PC there an set a fixed IP for it
-- make sure your PC gets this IP; you can just unplug/plug-in the cable, or reconnect wifi, that usually does the trick
-- once that's sorted, you go back to the router interface and set up a port forward. both UDP and TCP on same port.
-- set this port in qBittorrent

you should be sorted.

- Always make sure you don't have ANY kind of software firewall blocking qBittorrent. Make SURE to whitelist qBittorrent in all and every firewall you use.

If you use a VPN, you might be doomed. Only a few providers offer port forwarding. Look up their website on how to do it; usually it's on their website, on some interface and then you have to use that port in qBittorrent. I think Windscribe offers it, PIA maybe and some others but not too many.