Search returned no results

MAC OS X specific questions, problems.
aboing

Search returned no results

Post by aboing »

Hello, comrades.

Just installed qBittorrent and some search plugins like 1337x, MagnetDL, The Pirate Bay, etc.

Every time that I try to search for anything, got this message: "Search returned no results".

Already tried to restart the program and the MacBook a lot of times, checked the firewall, etc... nothing worked.

Anyone has any clue to help, please? 🙏

Thanks in advance!
wunderworld

Re: Search returned no results

Post by wunderworld »

Same here!

Also un- and re-installation didn´t help.

Please advice!
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

When you open search plugin, press Check for updates. It should install them and after that, search *should* work.
(On Windows; maybe on Mac it's missing Python or something. You can enable log in View -> Execution log and then check the Log tab.)
wunderworld

Post by wunderworld »

@Peter: Thanks for your feed back.

Unfortunately - I already used the update function for the plugins. The response was "you´re already using the actual version".

Greetings!
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

And do you see anything in the log by any chance?
wunderworld

Post by wunderworld »

The latest entry shows "successfully mapped port using NAT-PMP. external port: UDP/45123". Also the entry regarding then plugins shows no errors.

Normally it should work. What amazes me is that it was working about four weeks ago.
postcd

Post by postcd »

Did you restart the computer after re/installing python? I guess it should not be needed but who knows.
Try to remove/add some top well known search plugin and restart qbt and retry search. https://github.com/qbittorrent/search-p ... ch-plugins
Then i would check qbt the tab with logs (Execution log?) what it shows (i would check all log lines for errors related to python/search/plugins and remove plugins that may be suspicious/outdated.
Beside installing latest python (not very likely to fix the issue), someone fixed similar issue like this:
What I did was, close qbittorrent completely(check in Task manager). Then I deleted the entire "engines" folder contained within the "nova3" folder from the qbittorrent install location. In my case in was in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\qBittorrent\nova3. The folder "Appdata" might be hidden on your system, so google how to show hidden files. Then I opened qbittorent again, clicked on "Search". I had to reinstall all the search engines again, but it seems to have worked perfectly.
Feedback to what helped would always be good.