My windows made it impossible to use qbittorrent

Windows specific questions, problems.
aspargo2

My windows made it impossible to use qbittorrent

Post by aspargo2 »

Hello guys,

I'm been using qbit for over 2 years now, but last week it has been removed from my computer. It has already happened in the past, but I've solved the problem deactivating some windows defender app protection options.

This time it is not helping. I've even tried to install older versions but it is still removed when downloaded from Chrome or Mozilla. I've also tried to install using Ninite, but it fails in the end.

All that using my VPN...

Don't know what else could be done to fix this problem. Is somebody having the same problem ?

Thanks !
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: My windows made it impossible to use qbittorrent

Post by Peter »

And if you go into Settings and into Defender, what does it say in Protection history?
Why is it removing qBittorrent?

Oh and from here, you can even add an exclusion for the qBittorrent folder OR simply say "Allow" on the qBittorrent.exe and it'll be restored. I am still curious why it's getting deleted this time.

(I personally never had this removal happen on any of my computers, even though I was using qBittorrent on all PCs I touched and nothing happened.)
aspargo2

Post by aspargo2 »

Hey Peter, actually I did not check the history of defender, I've changed the installator proprieties and it worked ! Thanks so much.

From now on; what should I do avoid windows removing it ?

Thanks again !
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Wait long enough for Windows Defender to get with the program because so many people installed it before you did... :) Or install a full antivirus which will take over from Defender and has less false positives :)
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

aspargo2 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:19 am From now on; what should I do avoid windows removing it ?
I wouldn't worry about it. If it ever happens, just go into the Windows Security section of Settings and check history, and you can allow it. But please if it happens, take a picture/screenshot of why it removed it and share it with us, just so we know about it. Thank you!
aspargo2

Post by aspargo2 »

Peter wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:43 am
aspargo2 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:19 am From now on; what should I do avoid windows removing it ?
I wouldn't worry about it. If it ever happens, just go into the Windows Security section of Settings and check history, and you can allow it. But please if it happens, take a picture/screenshot of why it removed it and share it with us, just so we know about it. Thank you!
Will do ! I've checked to see if I could see why it happened last time but maybe the history is not long enough (and I don't know exactly what day it happened). But here is a pic of the removal when downloading installator last time (don't know why it is in French though)
qbitpic.png
qbitpic.png (46.5 KiB) Viewed 1039 times
Thanks !
a1s

Post by a1s »

I also have this problem:
as you can see the only option is "remove", which removes the file.
Attachments
qbittorrent.png
qbittorrent.png (23.13 KiB) Viewed 525 times