No More Torrents 4 Me

Windows specific questions, problems.
ImWolf

No More Torrents 4 Me

Post by ImWolf »

Having rarely downloaded torrents, I’m surely still at novice level. I started out with QBT and ProtonVPN Free, which was working fine. A lot of times Proton would throw up a dialog box saying something like “Connection discontinued because server doesn’t support P2P”. But even after I clicked on the OK button, the file(s) would continue to D/L.

Then came the day when Proton would not connect to any server insisting that I upgrade the software. After the upgrade I was not able to D/L anything as I recall. So then I switched to HideMe VPN, and was able to D/L a few torrents again, but that didn’t last long.

In the past two weeks I tried using a different client (Utorrent), and messed around with many settings based on articles I’m reading. I’ve tried different combinations of QBT and Utorrent, with either Proton or HideMe, but no joy. Doesn’t matter if I use the magnet method, or grab the Torrent file and point to it with the client. Everything hangs up at “Downloading Metadata” and goes no further.

I’ve also tried re-installing QBT, resetting my router, and D/L a Linux distro. No joy.

So, I need advice on how to troubleshoot this problem. Could it be that my (Centurylink) ISP is somehow blocking either the VPN or the Torrent files?

Any help appreciated…. Please note however, I probably need very specific instruction.

Thanks,
Wolf
molitar

Re: No More Torrents 4 Me

Post by molitar »

This started happening at last update.. I'm going to try to downgrade!
ImWolf

Post by ImWolf »

Update:

In my case it turned out to be the VPN's I was using. (Not allowing P2P connection)

Got rid of Proton and HideMe, and installed Windscribe. After this, QBT began working fine again and D/L everything that was previously in queue.

If anyone already has a VPN that allows P2P traffic, and Qbittorrent is still not proceeding with D/L's, then I'm wrong and there's another issue.

Wolf
DanaLuke

Post by DanaLuke »

Same here after the upgrade; I am also facing the same issue. And I was also facing some other issues, like those related to essay writing. And then, to solve my problem, I did some research on it and found this https://ukwritings.com/custom-essay website, where you can pay them to hire a professional writer. I have hired them to write essays for me many times now. I liked their work and also the price that they are offering. You can also visit their website to learn more about it.