How do I transfer from one host to another

Linux specific questions, problems.
gregeeh

How do I transfer from one host to another

Post by gregeeh »

Hi Everyone,

I want to transfer my torrents that I downloaded on one Linux Server to another Linux Server.

Problem is the directory structure on both are not the same plus not all the downloaded files are in the one directory. eg: Movies can be in Movies or Movies4K, Kids Movies etc.

So how do I transfer all my Movies without having to download them again?

I know where the .torrent files are located on the source and that will be the same on the destination but the location of the Movies will not be in the same directories on the destination.

TIA
unseen19
Veteran
Veteran

Re: How do I transfer from one host to another

Post by unseen19 »

hi,

Best is to have similar mount point, even if you mount a disk inside a directory to have the exact same destination. If this is not an option install the same QBT version on both computers, put all torrent in pause state on the source one and shutdown QBT on both computers.
Transfer the profile of the source to the destination (path are in the wiki/documentation) then transfer the movie etc.
When you will restart QBT on the destination computer all will be paused, and you'll have to point each torrent to the right folder and do a "force recheck on each".

Beside having the same folder structure there is no easy way so either you make them matching or you spend time on each torrent.

You can reload all the .torrent too, same thing as moving the profile and same step after.
gregeeh

Re: How do I transfer from one host to another

Post by gregeeh »

Thanks for your suggestions, I will give that a go.