A puzzling search/results discrepancy

Windows specific questions, problems.
Dorcom

A puzzling search/results discrepancy

Post by Dorcom »

I came across a puzzling search/results discrepancy and cannot find the causes.

I have on my desktop and on my laptop QBitTorrent V 4.6.4 installed.
Both systems have the same operating system, up to date and are connected to the same LAN/router.
Both QBitTorrent apps are the same same version and have the same configurations as well as Jackett installed.
Both have the same plug-ins installed and activated.
Both also have the identical app configuration.

Yet when I do a specific search I get different results, far more results on the laptop then on the desktop!

For example, and so done as I type this text, I was looking for something particular relevant to "Perry Mason" and entered the aforementioned two names.
On my desktop I received 989 results out of 989 many not even with a single word referencing the original search entry in the the title.
on the bottom it says DHT: 455 nodes
On my laptop however I get 2726 out of 2726 results with all of them including one or the other word or both.
on the bottom it says DHT: 186 nodes

What I noticed is that the search results on the desktop show all sorts of "search engines" [torrent sites] none of them however from jackett (127.0.0.1:9117)
whereas on the laptop the majority of search engines listed in the results is 127.0.0.1:9117

I also disabled on both systems the identical security software (ESET) but it has no effect the results of the same. Thus I can exclude this being the issue.